An HS3-Linux installer package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticka View Post
    Quick question regarding updating HS3, are APT updates supported?

What's the best method to keep Raspian\HS3 updated? Great script BTW
    Webmin is useful. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...27#post1247527

Comment

Just re-read the instructions and it was right there... sorry guys!

Will check out this Webmin though, seems neat.

Comment

I must be the only one who can't get this script working.

I have a raspberry 4 running raspian buster lite headless with openvpn and ssh running.

When I try:
        Code:
        sudo make install-all tarfile=hs3pi3_070319.tar.gz
        The script ends with the following errors:

Code:
        Mono JIT compiler version 6.6.0.161 (tarball Tue Dec 10 10:57:17 UTC 2019)
        Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                TLS:           __thread
                SIGSEGV:       normal
                Notifications: epoll
                Architecture:  armel,vfp+hard
                Disabled:      none
                Misc:          softdebug
                Interpreter:   yes
                LLVM:          yes(610)
                Suspend:       preemptive
                GC:            sgen (concurrent by default)
        rm -rf /tmp/hs3bkup/*
        mkdir -p /tmp/hs3bkup
        cd /opt/HomeSeer && cp -a ./{Config,Data,Logs,scripts} speak.sh speak_to_file.sh /tmp/hs3bkup
        cp: cannot stat './Config': No such file or directory
        cp: cannot stat './Data': No such file or directory
        cp: cannot stat './Logs': No such file or directory
        cp: cannot stat './scripts': No such file or directory
        cp: cannot stat 'speak.sh': No such file or directory
        cp: cannot stat 'speak_to_file.sh': No such file or directory
        make: [Makefile:124: backup-hs3data] Error 1 (ignored)
        rm -f /tmp/hs3bkup/Config/locations.csv
        tar xaf hs3pi3_070319.tar.gz -C /opt
        chown -R root:root /opt/HomeSeer
        cp -a /tmp/hs3bkup/* /opt/HomeSeer
        cp: cannot stat '/tmp/hs3bkup/*': No such file or directory
        make: [Makefile:129: restore-hs3data] Error 1 (ignored)
        install -p vbnc /usr/bin
        localtime=$(readlink /etc/localtime) && install -p -m 644 $localtime /etc/localtime
        make: [Makefile:166: fix-localtime] Error 1 (ignored)
        test -h /opt/HomeSeer/html/Images -o ! -d /opt/HomeSeer/html/Images || (mv -n /opt/HomeSeer/html/Images/* /opt/HomeSeer/html/images ; rm -fr /opt/HomeSeer/html/Images)
        test -h /opt/HomeSeer/html/Images || ln -sf images /opt/HomeSeer/html/Images
        ln -sf Enabled.png /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/HomeSeer/ui/enabled.png
        apt-get -qy install aha
        Reading package lists...
        Building dependency tree...
        Reading state information...
        aha is already the newest version (0.5-1).
        0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
        install -p check_passwd restart.sh shutdown_controller.sh run_command.sh /opt/HomeSeer
        echo "homeseer ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" > /etc/sudoers.d/010_homeseer-nopasswd
        install -p updater_override_3p.sh /opt/HomeSeer
        install -p hspi_casekludge.sh /opt/HomeSeer
        rm -f /etc/cron.*/hspi_casekludge
        ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/hspi_casekludge.sh /etc/cron.daily/hspi_casekludge
        ./bootedit.sh
        /bin/bash: ./bootedit.sh: Permission denied
        make: *** [Makefile:205: bootedit] Error 126
        pi@piserver:~/hs3installer $
        I did run the script as user pi as sudo so I'm not sure why permission is being denied.

Thank you, Devan

EDIT: I had to chmod u+x the *.sh files and check_passwd to be executable. I copied the files from winscp from a windows computer. It works now.

Thank you Zwolfpack!
        Last edited by devanb; December 29, 2019, 02:32 PM. Reason: Figured it out

Comment

Anyone having problems with Aeon Z-Stick on a RPi 4? Just now I migrated my HS3 install from RPi3 to a new RPi4 running Buster Lite. My old RPi3 was using Upstart to start Homeseer and Mono, not sure if Upstart is still supported in Buster Lite but anyway was having problems getting HomeSeer started until I switched to Systemd and then it started fine. All plug-ins seems to be OK. Only irritation is the Aeon Z-Stick which for some reason the RPi4 would not recognize and the only (googled) workaround was to connect it to the Rpi via a powered USB Hub. Hopefully a fix will come around sometime. Performance improvement is not dramatic but is noticeable and I hear that a firmware upgrade is in the pipeline to enable the Rpi to boot and run from an attached HD.

Comment

I posted this in the General area but I'll cross-post here in cast someone can provide an approach to troubleshooting. I'm much more familiar with windows when it comes to investigating hardware!

I'm running HS3 on a RPi 3B on Linux. It has always performed perfectly, providing instant access to anything and everything whether it's the mobile app or the web interface.
            Lately, it has all but ground to a complete halt. Things take forever to load, and trying to pull up MyHS remotely often results in a timeout. I've only had router issues lately - no hardware problems. It's all running off an SD Card.

Regarding the router issues - my router has been throttling anything android or iOS, and i needed to change the firmware to fix it. I backed up my router settings, did a factory reset and upgraded the firmware (which required changing the wifi settings on my RPi - the first time i noticed the system was slow), it was very unstable and would need a hard reset daily, so I downgraded the firmware and reloaded the old settings. Everything on my network came back, but my HS was still incredibly slow. I decided to bypass the wifi by connecting an ethernet cable to my RPi, and the router shows it only has a wired connection, but everything is still incredibly slow. I'm not sure if the slowness pre-dates the router issues.

To be clear, i'm MUCH more comfortable with windows than Linux, so I'm not entirely sure how to troubleshoot the machine itself... if anyone could assist it would be much appreciated. Otherwise - has this happened to anyone else? Is this a known issue? Is it possible the HS folk are messing around behind the scenes while they try to upgrade to HS4?

Comment

Mono stable just updated to 6.8.0.96. Did this get installed? Have you updated any of the packages? Are you getting any warning messages in the logs? I would look in /var/log/syslog and see if you have any errors.

Comment

what I can confirm to you its that the latest stable version with hs4 its ****! the hs4 plugin works very poorly with not even seeing at all! and the plugin installation is still blocked! everything brings mono debug files and hs4 crashes big!

mono 6.8.0.105

Comment

Originally posted by gregdeux View Post
                  what I can confirm to you its that the latest stable version with hs4 its ****! the hs4 plugin works very poorly with not even seeing at all! and the plugin installation is still blocked! everything brings mono debug files and hs4 crashes big!

mono 6.8.0.105
                  Not much point making statements about the product unless you are willing to post error logs. Syslog and Mono crash logs if applicable would help people greatly to diagnose your issue and on the basis of these you can then make your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

Not much point making statements about the product unless you are willing to post error logs. Syslog and Mono crash logs if applicable would help people greatly to diagnose your issue and on the basis of these you can then make your claims.
                    I know ! It would happen afterwards because I was not in front of this computer!
                    I do not have the syslog because I do the automatic purge!
                    I'll give it to you bak when it recurs! and by the way! I said hs4 and not hs3 !!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I know ! It would happen afterwards because I was not in front of this computer!
                      I'll give it to you bak when it recurs! and by the way! I said hs4 and not hs3 !!!!
                      If you are experiencing issues with HS4 post them in them in the HS4 Beta section

Comment

If you are experiencing issues with HS4 post them in them in the HS4 Beta section
                        do not worry ! I've been doing it for a long time! I just wanted to let you know like that if you want to test and migrate your hs3 you will already be told that there is trouble!
                        for your information I have been following this post for a long time and I really like that people from linux have done this because there are in general only for windows! ;-)
                        but OK ! my intervention did not visibly please you! I thought I was bringing you something! do not worry it will be my only intervention in your post!
                        Have a good day !

Comment

Attached Files

next time at least take the trouble to watch the files ask! because the view counter is always at 0! so it's very good to make comments but it is useless to ask for something so as not even to take the trouble to watch what the person sends! bye Bye !

Comment

This please, not sure what these HS4 issues have to do with the installer package (for HS3).

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
                              Mono stable just updated to 6.8.0.96. Did this get installed? Have you updated any of the packages? Are you getting any warning messages in the logs? I would look in /var/log/syslog and see if you have any errors.
                              haven't been back here for a while but just for reference, I think my log file had been corrupted. I renamed the old one and then firing up the Pi again had it create a new one, and all was well... until the SD card fully pooped itself, that is! I got two new ones so that I can keep running in the event of another corruption. luckily i had my whole setup backed up so it should be a fairly simple exercise to bring everything back

Comment

Minor update.

When running the scripts from wolfpack:

sudo make install-all

You get the following error:

wget -N https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_550.tar.gz
                                --2020-07-16 13:44:22-- https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_550.tar.gz
                                Resolving homeseer.com (homeseer.com)... 149.28.228.84
                                Connecting to homeseer.com (homeseer.com)|149.28.228.84|:443... connected.
                                HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
                                2020-07-16 13:44:22 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Makefile:89: recipe for target 'fetch-hs' failed
                                make: *** [fetch-hs] Error 8

I guess v550 was taken down. You can still download v548

new command:

sudo make install-all tarfile=hs3_linux_3_0_0_548.tar.gz

Take care,

Devan

Comment

Working...
                                X