No announcement yet.

An HS3-Linux installer package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I converted in May of 2019 from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 18.04 and am very glad that I did. The updates on 7 were painfully slow. I bought a used supermicro Xeon server and installed the system and all the plugin's I normally used. There were two pains in the setup; 1. configuring the serial port for the Blade DSC - IT100 2. Getting speech to work. I got both of them working.

To solve 1 I had to add stty -F /dev/ttyS0 9600 cs8 -cstopb -parenb to /etc/rc.local file. It has just worked since then.

To solve 2 here is a post on how I fixed - https://forums.homeseer.com/node/1308806

The server is rack mounted with a multi system keyboard/mouse/monitor switch that is in a communications closet. I installed SSH so I could access from normal desktop. I also installed samba to easily move files around and mc which is a terminal based file manager. My system uses an HSTouch system that I created. I maintain this on a virtual windows 7 machine.

If ReactOS gets out of alpha and has better functionality I will convert. I don't expect this to happen for another 1-2 years. Hats off to the developers for a huge undertaking that is starting to bear fruit.

All of my normal events converted and I lost nothing significant in the transfer except having to rewrite scripts/events for speaking. Overall I maintain better connection to all of my tablets running HSTouch now. I have fewer errors after the transfer as well. The system seems more stable. This could be hardware so it could be attributable to that instead of software/system. I should also point out that I have four sub-domains on the network

Just a different perspective. The best part is I can upgrade without a reboot.

Below is my system printout from help

Current Date/Time: 6/15/2019 4:03:03 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.531
    Linux version: Linux HomeSeer-Server 4.15.0-51-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15 14:27:21 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 14 Day 7 Hours 11 Minutes 22 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.xxx.xxx
    Number of Devices: 478
    Number of Events: 120
    Available Threads: 799
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 3
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.65.0: BLDSC
    2.0.6.0: BLGarbage
    2.0.43.0: BLLAN
    3.0.25.0: BLLock
    3.0.0.65: EasyTrigger
    5.0.0.59: Global Cache Pro
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.2.0.1: SqueezeBox
    3.0.1.15: weatherXML
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

Updated installer to 'r2', which adds support for the HS3-Pi "free" edition. To load that version rather than the default HS3-Standard, uncomment the last line in the "01settings" file.

Code:
      tarfile=hs3pi3_070319.tar.gz

Comment

Another way to do speech is to install PollyC. PollyC basically uses Alexa quality speech. It makes all other speech systems obsolete on HS3. All speech is cached so once it's been spoken PollyC doesn't have to go back to the cloud to get it. The Linux installer also supports it so when you upgrade its configuration files are preserved. I'd love to see HomeSeer support it for both Linux and Windows. It's been open source so other than giving credit they can use it.

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
        There were two pains in the setup; 1. configuring the serial port for the Blade DSC - IT100

2. Getting speech to work. I got both of them working.

To solve 1 I had to add stty -F /dev/ttyS0 9600 cs8 -cstopb -parenb to /etc/rc.local file. It has just worked since then.

To solve 2 here is a post on how I fixed - https://forums.homeseer.com/node/1308806
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
          Another way to do speech is to install PollyC. PollyC basically uses Alexa quality speech. It makes all other speech systems obsolete on HS3. All speech is cached so once it's been spoken PollyC doesn't have to go back to the cloud to get it. The Linux installer also supports it so when you upgrade its configuration files are preserved. I'd love to see HomeSeer support it for both Linux and Windows. It's been open source so other than giving credit they can use it.

Providing a link to PollyC would generally be useful. A simple google comes up with nothing without more digging.

Comment

I found the link in the forum. the original message includes a zip file. Thanks for sharing but I have some issues with Alexa and privacy.
            Caching Speech routines using Amazon Polly (in the General discussion area)

Originally posted by Timon View Post
            I've been using Amazon Polly to create speech file manually but it's been a pain. And I knew I needed something better.

Thanks to some great initial work by DeLicious and his Polly.py program I'm now releasing a fully caching version called PollyC. It's available for both Python2 and Python3 versions. Use whichever version of Python you normally use. For RaspberryPi users Python2 is loaded by default so it's easiest to go with PollyC.py.

PollyC will cache all speech requests so it only has to go to Amazon's Polly servers when the speech isn't in the local cache.

It will also take advantage of ssml marker language so you can create much better TTS than you can with straight text.

It will work with HS speaker clients and should work with Spuds AirplaySpeak although it's not yet been tested.

It's be releasing this as Open Source with the only requirement being to keep the credits for DeLicious and me in the flies.

Since it's written in Python is should be portable to both windows and linux.

If there are any feature request or comments please leave them below.

Code:
            --------------------------------- Usage Information ---------------------------------
            PollyC
            This modual is used to call the Amazon Polly system to convert an incomming string
            to a audio file.
            PollyC must be located in the HomeSeer directory
            Calling sequence
            ./scripts/PollyC.py3 -o "outupt_file" -t "the text to speak" -c "./pollycache/" -k "key_ID" -a Key"

arguments
            -o or --ofile Output file name
            -t or --text Text to speak
            -v or --voiceid The Polly voice to use (default = Joanna)
            see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/polly/latest/dg/voicelist.html
            -f or --format Output format (default - mp3)
            -c or --cache cache directory, full, relative path or none
            If no cache is specified then cacheing is disabled
            -k or --keyid Amazon AWS Access Key ID, mandatory
            -a or --accesskey Amazon AWS Access Key, mandatory
            -r or --region Amazon Region (defaults to us-west-1)
            see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/Concepts.RegionsAndAvailabilityZones.html
            PollyC will auto switch to ssml if it detects the string "<speak>" in the text to be converted.

For instructions on how to encode ssml speach see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/polly/latest/dg/supported-ssml.html

Future additions to PollyC
            Select voice on call
            There is no provision in Amazon Polly to set the voice in the text string. However
            PollyC has the ability to do this: If you specify at the beginning of the text
            string, either plain text or ssml text, <voice-id="voice name"> then that voice will be
            used and the tag deleted from the string. This tag MUST be at the beginning of the string.
            Example: '<voice-id="Matthew">This is a test'
            '<voice-id="Matthew"><speak>This is a test</speak>'

Don't cache this call.
            Currently PollyC will cache only if a caching directory is specified. This addition
            will allow each call to be cached or not.
            Usage: '<no-cache/>This is a test'
            '<no-cache/><speak>This is a test</speak>'

This program is free to use and distribute as long as the credits are not removed.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Here is my speak.sh file. Since aplay can't play mp3's you need an mp3 player such as mpg123
            Code:
            #!/bin/sh
            # For Python2 change ./PollyC.py3 to ./PollyC.py
            ./PollyC.py3 -o "temp.mp3" -t "$1" -c "./pollycache/" -k "your key_id" -a "your key"
            mpg123 -q temp.mp3
            Here is my speak_to_file.sh file.
            Code:
            #!/bin/sh
            # For Python2 change ./PollyC.py3 to ./PollyC.py
            ./PollyC.py3 -o "$1" -t "$2" -c "./pollycache/" -k "your key_id" -a "your key"
            A little note about why there are two speak routines. The module speak.sh is used only to speak through the local systems audio channel. The module speak_to_file.sh is used whenever any remote system such as HS speaker clients or Spuds AirplaySpeak is used. If both are used both will be called which would then make 2 requests to Amazon Polly if the cacheing was not in place.

If the cacheing directory is specified but it does not exist it will be created.

PollyC.py3 and PollyC.py should also go in the HomeSeer directory.

Release Status
            0.9.0 Thu 21 Jun 06:45:51 PDT 2018
            Initial Release
            0.9.1 Sat 23 Jun 16:49:59 PDT 2018
            Updates include creation of cache directory if it does not exist.
            Caching will only be preformed if cacheing directory is specified.
            Additional error handling.
            -h or --help is now included for easier use.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't make PollyC totally clear.

PollyC does NOT use Alexa or any Echo devices at all!!!!!!

It uses Amazon's AWS text to speech service called Polly. PollyC is a set of routines written in python that interface with HS and pass text strings to Amazon's Polly and which returns back an audio speech file from that text.

There is NO way that Amazon has access to any of your files. It's 100% private. You and only you control what text that Amazon's Polly translates. PollyC is open source so you can totally check it out for security.

Also, since PollyC caches speech locally future text to speech requests don't even go to Amazon but is returned from the local cache. If you delete that cache files then PollyC will contact Amazon Polly until the cache is refilled. You can get any safer than that.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I still respectfully decline. Here are the privacy terms and conditions from Amazon's Website and they do retain the information you send them.

Data Privacy

Q. Are text inputs processed by Amazon Polly stored, and how are they used by AWS?

Amazon Polly may store and use text inputs processed by the service solely to provide and maintain the service and to improve and develop the quality of Amazon Polly and other Amazon machine-learning/artificial-intelligence technologies. Use of your content is important for continuous improvement of your Amazon Polly customer experience, including the development and training of related technologies. We do not use any personally identifiable information that may be contained in your content to target products, services or marketing to you or your end users. Your trust, privacy, and the security of your content are our highest priority and we implement appropriate and sophisticated technical and physical controls, including encryption at rest and in transit, designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, your content and ensure that our use complies with our commitments to you. Please see https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/ for more information. You may opt out of having your content used to improve and develop the quality of Amazon Polly and other Amazon machine-learning/artificial-intelligence technologies by contacting AWS Support.

Show less
                Q: Who has access to my content that is processed and stored by Amazon Polly?

Only authorized employees will have access to your content that is processed by Amazon Polly. Your trust, privacy, and the security of your content are our highest priority and we implement appropriate and sophisticated technical and physical controls, including encryption at rest and in transit, designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, your content and ensure that our use complies with our commitments to you. Please see https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/ for more information.

Show less
                Q: Do I still own my content that is processed and stored by Amazon Polly?

You always retain ownership of your content and we will only use your content with your consent.

Show less
                Q: Is the content processed by Amazon Polly moved outside the AWS region where I am using Amazon Polly?

Any content processed by Amazon Polly is encrypted and stored at rest in the AWS region where you are using Amazon Polly. Some portion of content processed by Amazon Polly may be stored in another AWS region solely in connection with the continuous improvement and development of your Amazon Polly customer experience and other Amazon machine-learning/artificial-intelligence technologies. If you opt out of having your content used to develop the quality of Amazon Polly and other Amazon machine-learning/artificial-intelligence technologies by contacting AWS Support, your content will not be stored in another AWS region. Your trust, privacy, and the security of your content are our highest priority and we implement appropriate and sophisticated technical and physical controls, including encryption at rest and in transit, designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, your content and ensure that our use complies with our commitments to you. Please see https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/ for more information.

Show less
                Q: Can I use Amazon Polly in connection with websites, programs or other applications that are directed or targeted to children under age 13 and subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)?

Yes, subject to your compliance with the Amazon Polly Service Terms, including your obligation to provide any required notices and obtain any required verifiable parental consent under COPPA, you may use Amazon Polly in connection with websites, programs, or other applications that are directed or targeted, in whole or in part, to children under age 13.

Show less
                Q: How do I determine whether my website, program, or application is subject to COPPA?
                Q: How do I determine whether my website, program, or application is subject to COPPA?

For information about the requirements of COPPA and guidance for determining whether your website, program, or other application is subject to COPPA, please refer directly to the resources provided and maintained by the United States Federal Trade Commission. This site also contains information regarding how to determine whether a service is directed or targeted, in whole or in part, to children under age 13.

Comment

Hmm, ran the installed (sudo make install-all) and got the following:

wget -N https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3pi3_070319.tar.gz
                  --2019-08-27 15:25:20-- https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3pi3_070319.tar.gz
                  Resolving homeseer.com (homeseer.com)... 45.32.195.211
                  Connecting to homeseer.com (homeseer.com)|45.32.195.211|:443... connected.
                  ERROR: The certificate of ‘homeseer.com’ is not trusted.
                  ERROR: The certificate of ‘homeseer.com’ doesn't have a known issuer.
                  make: *** [Makefile:78: fetch-hs3] Error 5

This happened twice. Maybe by coincidence, but I've also gotten a fair amount of homeseer.com errors, saying not secure, etc on my Windows machine.

Since I have the necessary .gz file in my download directory already, can I somehow point there or is there more to this?

Comment

I noticed this as well. Both the Linux download utilities (wget, curl) are not happy with the new HomeSeer TLS certificate (the one that they took half a day to install). I'll need to research some more.

In the meantime, you can try editing 'Makefile' --

on lines 22 and 45, change 'https' to 'http'.

Comment

Up and running! As always, thanks zwolfpack

Comment

I had to start over since I couldn't get deConz connected. I made a new SD card and Raspbian from scratch.
                        Tehn I installed the raspbee and installed deConz. No problem so far. I enabled deConz to start up on boot. All good.

Now on to HS3-Pi. Downloaded the zip file, expanded and ran make but first changed https to http as recommended.

First time I typed 192.168.1.53 I got the HS3 registration screen. At that point I put in new info for my son's username etc but got a warning that the registration was not valid.
                        Since I had not rebooted the Pi, I decided to reboot the pi. Now I can't get homeseer running at all.

As far as I can tell, I have /home/homeseer directory with nothing in it and a /opt/HomeSeer directory with a bunch of stuff.

How would I get HS3 running so I can register so I can change the port?

Then, how can I get it to autostart?

Comment

The https issue has been fixed on the homeseer.com server so that edit shouldn't be needed any more.

Which license did you purchase? Normally this installer loads the 'full' version HS3-Std. If you bought HS3-Pi (the one limited to five plugins), you should run

Code:
                          sudo make install-all tarfile=hs3pi3_070319.tar.gz
                          Which will load the most recent HS3-Pi full image. That is at version 3.0.0.535.

I was working on an update supporting incremental updating of the HS3-Pi version to the latest version. I'll get that uploaded shortly.

Autostart is setup by the installer so there's nothing further necessary.

Everything gets installed to /opt/HomeSeer. /home/homeseer should be fairly empty.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            I had to start over since I couldn't get deConz connected. I made a new SD card and Raspbian from scratch.
                            Tehn I installed the raspbee and installed deConz. No problem so far. I enabled deConz to start up on boot. All good.

Now on to HS3-Pi. Downloaded the zip file, expanded and ran make but first changed https to http as recommended.

First time I typed 192.168.1.53 I got the HS3 registration screen. At that point I put in new info for my son's username etc but got a warning that the registration was not valid.
                            Since I had not rebooted the Pi, I decided to reboot the pi. Now I can't get homeseer running at all.

As far as I can tell, I have /home/homeseer directory with nothing in it and a /opt/HomeSeer directory with a bunch of stuff.

How would I get HS3 running so I can register so I can change the port?

Then, how can I get it to autostart?
                            You can also change the port of deconz , as a parameter in the systemd file.

nano /lib/systemd/system/deconz.service ( or nano /lib/systemd/system/deconz-gui.service if you run the gui)

Here is mine (no gui)

Code:
                            [Unit]
                            Description=deCONZ: ZigBee gateway -- REST API
                            Wants=deconz-init.service deconz-update.service

[Service]
                            User=1000
                            ExecStart=/usr/bin/deCONZ -platform minimal --http-port=xxx  --auto-connect=1 --dbg-error=1  --ws-port=xxxxx --upnp=0
                            Restart=on-failure
                            StartLimitInterval=60
                            AmbientCapabilities=CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE CAP_KILL CAP_SYS_BOOT CAP_SYS_TIME

[Install]
                            WantedBy=multi-user.target
                            you can remove the --ws-port parameter .

You will have to update this file every time you install a new deconz version.

or just change the port temporary. So you'll be able to change the hs3 port. and change the --http-port back to 80 ( or easier... stop deconz service while you change the hs3 port: systemctl stop deconz( or systemctl stop deconz-gui.service )

Comment

Installer updated to 'r3', which adds incremental update capability for HS3-Pi.

To install HS3-Pi first time, run
                              Code:
                              sudo make install-all tarfile=hs3pi3_070319.tar.gz
                              (Substitute most recent full archive from HomeSeer site, if applicable).

Then to upgrade to latest, use same process as for HS3-Std:
                              Code:
                              sudo make upgrade-hs3
                              This fetches and applies the patch to the latest release.

Comment

I haven't purchased a license yet but when I do after this is all set up and running for my son it will be the Pi license.

I downloaded via your link unzipped into its own directory and type the make install -all command.

Now I understand better, I think.

I need to uninstall and try again. Can I just delete the HomeSeer directory with everything in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X