GoControl Thermostat Setpoints Changed By Themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl Thermostat Setpoints Changed By Themselves

I have the GC-TBZ48 Thermostat and in the log this AM I noticed some setpoints being executed that there are no events for. I went through the few I have and the only one I have for AM is to set the heat point to 71 at a certain time in the AM.

So why is it getting a command to change a setpoint when there is no event to do so?

Also why is it changing the Operating State as well?

If anyone has this thermostat and has seen or could check the log to see if they are seeing these random commands I would appreciate any response. Thanks
    Oct-09 4:56:33 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Operating State Set to Operating State 0
    Oct-09 4:51:34 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Operating State Set to Operating State 4
    Oct-09 4:51:33 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Fan State Set to Fan State 0
    Oct-09 4:51:32 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Temperature Set to 68 (F)
    Oct-09 4:40:40 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Operating State Set to Operating State 1
    Oct-09 4:40:39 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Fan State Set to Fan State 1
    Oct-09 4:40:38 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Temperature Set to 67 (F)
    Oct-09 7:43:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Operating State Set to Operating State 0
    Oct-09 7:38:38 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Operating State Set to Operating State 4
    Oct-09 7:38:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Fan State Set to Fan State 0
    Oct-09 7:38:36 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Temperature Set to 71 (F)
    Oct-09 7:27:14 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Operating State Set to Operating State 1
    Oct-09 7:27:13 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Fan State Set to Fan State 1
    Oct-09 7:27:12 AM Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Temperature Set to 70 (F)

I see what the operating state is doing as well as the fan state but what is still puzzling me is the temperature being changed to different setpoints by itself.

Comment

I have this thermostat and the set point changes in log look like this:
      Oct-09 12:09:38 PM Device Control Device: Upstairs Hallway Thermostat (Setpoint Cool) to 82 F (82)
      Oct-09 12:09:38 PM Device Control Device: Upstairs Hallway Thermostat (Setpoint Heat) to 76 F (76)
      I think what you've highlighted in orange is simply a current temperature report.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
        I have this thermostat and the set point changes in log look like this:
        Oct-09 12:09:38 PM Device Control Device: Upstairs Hallway Thermostat (Setpoint Cool) to 82 F (82)
        Oct-09 12:09:38 PM Device Control Device: Upstairs Hallway Thermostat (Setpoint Heat) to 76 F (76)
        I think what you've highlighted in orange is simply a current temperature report.
        So it is merely reporting the current state of the temperature as it changes, is that what you are saying?

Comment

Yes. It looks that way. You can always change the top line display on the tstat to show setpoints, then you can confirm visually whether the set points are changing or not. The log entries I showed are the actions issued from an event. The thermostat does not seem to acknowledge back that the set point was changed.

Comment

Working...
          X