Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual events not respecting conditions

Hello everyone,

As many people know, HS3 events will not honor conditions if the event is triggered manually, through HS3Touch or run from the events page "run the events action" button. I have read through the solutions to this (in link below), which deal with how to get the event to respect conditions for both pre and post version 3.0.0.170. I am running 3.0.0.435. Even so, I cannot figure out how to get these manual events to respect conditions in my case.

My scenario is that I use IFTTT on my android device to trigger event when I leave and enter a geo fence around my home. Actually, this works very well. The problem is that I do not want these events to run sometimes, so I have created a virtual device that has simple on/off states and I add a condition to the event that IFTTT calls which says to only run is device is on. No matter what condition I make this device, the event will always run if IFTTT calls the event.

I can see that this is actually expected behavior, so I first tried to make an intermediate event which IFTTT will then run and that new, intermediate event will call the original event that I wish to run. There is supposed to be an advanced option that says "run only if other event conditions are true", but I do not find this anywhere. Even I changed the whole event group from "standard editing mode" to "advanced editing mode", I still cannot find the advanced option "run only if other event conditions are true".

In the link below, Randy explains that in versions 3.0.0.170 and later some of this behavior changes, but this solution only seems to effect device actions and not manually triggered events.

Does someone know of possible way to add conditions to event in my use case?

Thank you and I apologize if I just missed something in my readings. I always try to research before I ask community.
    Discussions related to the creation of HS3 Automation Events

The option should be included with the event action to run another event. (It is part of the 'intermediate' event, not the final event that has the conditions.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Condition.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1252466
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yes, thank you! For some reason I thought this option was in final event.

Comment

I find it a bit strange that you can select 'This event is manually triggered' but still can add conditions (which are not checked anyways) ...

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
          I find it a bit strange that you can select 'This event is manually triggered' but still can add conditions (which are not checked anyways) ...
          Conditions can be honored in a manually triggered event. They are honored when the event is called from another event as long as the option “Run only if other event conditions are true” is selected. The conditions are not evaluated when the event is run by any other method. That is why an intermediate event is required in those instances. The intermediate event is what allows the conditions in the final event to be honored in those cases.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X