HS3 constantly restarting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 constantly restarting

I have HSSentry enabled, and I noticed this morning while logged in on my server that the HS3 application is restarting approx. every 3-5 minutes. Any ideas on how to investigate? I've tried looking at logs, but haven't come across anything (logs seem to reset with every restart). I've disable plugins installed in the last 2-3 days, but that hasn't seemed to help.

Current Date/Time: 10/12/2018 12:27:01 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials - Domain Controller
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 1 Second
    IP Address: 10.10.1.84
    Number of Devices: 274
    Number of Events: 35
    Available Threads: 1600
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.26: Ecobee
    2.0.2.6: JowiHue
    3.0.0.103: LutronCaseta
    3.0.0.31: Nest
    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
    0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.4: RainMachine
    3.0.1.239: Z-Wave

HSSentry will restart HomeSeer if it cannot reach the HS web server. To see if it is HSSentry causing the problem, disable it in Setup>General and restart the server or kill the HSSentry task. If that stops the problem, use ipconfig.exe to see if there is more than one IP address assigned to the server. If there are, you need to make sure HSSentry is bound to the IP address at which you can reach HS. It looks like HS is running at 10.10.1.84. If that is the IP address you browse to for HS you would put this in your settings.ini

SentryIP=10.10.1.84

After that entry is made, enable HSSentry and restart HS. See if that solves your problem.

Here are the configuration options for HSSentry

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	216
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1252844
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Actually, I had enabled IP address binding in the Labs tab, and I believe that was causing it to not reach the server... I disabled, and it hasn't restarted since

Comment

The IP binding in labs is only binding the web server. If you have 2 or more NICs and bind HS to one of them, HSSentry must be bound separately as well.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm having a little problem with the reference numbers.... everytime i restart hs3 all me devices get new reference numbers..... what do i do?

Comment

Originally posted by salkady View Post
            I'm having a little problem with the reference numbers.... everytime i restart hs3 all me devices get new reference numbers..... what do i do?
            You should start a new topic as this has nothing to do with the original topic.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X