Z-wave delays on plugin version 3.0.1.243

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave delays on plugin version 3.0.1.243

I just updated my Z-wave plugin to the latest version 3.0.1.243 and now I am seeing delays in turning on devices. I do not see anything z-wave requests queued at the time. You can see below when the motion sensor triggers and my event runs that it sends the command to turn on the lights as 7:55:22, but the lights didn't actually come on until 7:55:26. Sometimes there are no delays and other times several seconds.

Anyone else having this issue? This was working fine before I upgraded. I rolled back to version 3.0.1.190 and no delays.

Oct-29 7:55:27 AM Arduino Plugin Change of Device Powder Room PIR To Value Closed
    Oct-29 7:55:26 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Powder Room Powder Room Lights Set to 99
    Oct-29 7:55:26 AM Z-Wave Setting device Powder Room Lights to value 99 Network: 003D293A Node: 15 Device Ref: 569
    Oct-29 7:55:22 AM Arduino Plugin Change of Device Powder Room PIR To Value Open
    Oct-29 7:55:22 AM Device Control Device: 1st Floor Powder Room Powder Room Lights to On (99)
    Oct-29 7:55:22 AM Event Event Trigger "Powder Room Powder Room Lights Auto On"

We have noticed the delays also especially stairway or room lights. Everyone in our house hold always use caution when entering an area where lights are triggered by motion so it is not a problem in this household.

Comment

I am not seeing it. My system has remained very fast for more than a year and I have installed every Z-Wave beta and release. In September 2017 I did two things that really eliminated any delays. I went through and disabled polling on all devices except those that don't support instant status and 2) I turned off all Z-Wave device logging. There were a surprising number of devices that had polling automatically enabled at inclusion or had it enabled on rescans. I had 8 Aeotec smart strips that had polling enabled for all 16 child devices. I haven't touched my network since then except to include new devices and exclude old. Whenever I include a device I make sure it does not have polling enabled.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I just did some tests and an x10 rf motion sensor triggering an event to turn on/off a z-wave light was pretty much instantaneous.
        Regards,
        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I am not seeing it. My system has remained very fast for more than a year and I have installed every Z-Wave beta and release. In September 2017 I did two things that really eliminated any delays. I went through and disabled polling on all devices except those that don't support instant status and 2) I turned off all Z-Wave device logging. There were a surprising number of devices that had polling automatically enabled at inclusion or had it enabled on rescans. I had 8 Aeotec smart strips that had polling enabled for all 16 child devices. I haven't touched my network since then except to include new devices and exclude old. Whenever I include a device I make sure it does not have polling enabled.
          Is there a mass way to disable logging of z-wave devices?
          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post

Is there a mass way to disable logging of z-wave devices?
            I have attached a zip file of two scripts. One will turn off all Z-Wave device logging and the other will turn it back on. I turn them on when I need to diagnose problems with more than one device, then turn them off when I am done. Put the scripts in your \scripts folder and run them with a manually triggered Event.

File +++> setZwaveNoLog.zip

Comment

Thanks Randy
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

I have attached a zip file of two scripts. One will turn off all Z-Wave device logging and the other will turn it back on. I turn them on when I need to diagnose problems with more than one device, then turn them off when I am done. Put the scripts in your \scripts folder and run them with a manually triggered Event.

File +++>
                This is sweet!! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post

This is sweet!! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Sure. Also you can comment out or delete the "If" and the "And If" lines and it will go through every device and disable logging. This is the way I prefer it. I only enable logging on devices when I need to track what they are doing. My system is so mature and reliable, I don't often need device logging. That way my log consists mostly of Events and/or entries I generate with Events plus errors and warnings. It keeps the log small and very pertinent. I can usually scan the log quickly and look for any errors or warnings or see any misbehaving Event where I screwed up the logic

I put the 50 ms sleep in there because it was swamping the callback queue without it. It could probably get by with 10ms, but what's the hurry

Comment

I just updated my Z-wave plugin to the latest version 3.0.1.243 and now I am seeing delays in turning on devices. I do not see anything z-wave requests queued at the time. You can see below when the motion sensor triggers and my event runs that it sends the command to turn on the lights as 7:55:22, but the lights didn't actually come on until 7:55:26. Sometimes there are no delays and other times several seconds.

Anyone else having this issue? This was working fine before I upgraded. I rolled back to version 3.0.1.190 and no delays.

Got the same exact problem. It's driving me crazy!

Comment

Working...
                    X