Self Heal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Heal?

I've had a few occurrences (about once or twice every few months) where a Windows Update or other Homeseer issue has caused Homeseer to crash or the PC not to boot properly back with an auto start of homeseer.

I can turn auto-logon on for Windows to solve some of the WU problems, but does anyone have a solution that runs in the background and looks for a crash or hang on Homeseer and restarts it?

If you enable HSSentry in settings, it looks for a heartbeat from scheduler.dll. The help still says it looks to the webserver, but another more recent post sait it was looking to scheduler. If it misses the heartbeat it will force a shutdown of HomeSeer if it is running and restart it. If you shutdown HomeSeer while HSSentry is running, it will restart after a configurable period of time. The default is 2 minutes 20 seconds. Regardless of the methodology, it works.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	231.8 KB ID:	1260207
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Awesome thanks - I'll take a look. Between that and windows auto login am hoping I cut down on the wife's "Automation isn't working again" complaints

Comment

Working...
      X