Database failed to open - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database failed to open - Solved!

I've been intermittently getting this error in the log for a few weeks.
    Nov-18 11:05:43 AM Warning Log Database failed to open, waiting then retrying...database is locked database is locked
    Occasionally, I see this one as well.
    Nov-18 11:04:30 AM Error GetLog Error: database is locked database is locked
    The log display does not seem to be affected and the log file timestamp continues to update as if it is being continually written to.

The last time I restarted HS I renamed the log file and let HS create a new one, but that didn't have any effect. Is this benign? normal? plug-in related?
    Any troubleshooting advice?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

We normally see this when the PC's anti-virus is locking the file for scanning. Are you running any AV software?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Are you running any AV software?
      No AV software is running.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Any plugins that read the HS3 database?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, Jon00's Log Monitor. But that's been running for years, and this is a recent development.

Comment

I used to see that message a lot, but since then have minimized the amount of logging that is done and I have not seen it since.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              I used to see that message a lot, but since then have minimized the amount of logging that is done and I have not seen it since.
              Interesting. I am seeing this intermittently, but with no obvious correlation to logging. The warning messages were very frequent over night, but have disappeared since we got up. Typically, there are very few log messages at night. Assuming the warnings return, I think I'll try to see if any other parameters correlate, though, like CPU usage or threads. (I am wondering if BLBackup might be a factor, too.)

Comment

Could be related to backups. I now backup my HS server with Veeam but used to use BLBackup too (and Windows Backups).
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have confirmed that my backup process began taking many hours about the time the locked database warnings started, and the time span is also similar. I have disabled my backup for tonight, so hope to see no locked log database warnings.

Comment

Disabling the backup event eliminated the log warnings. Now I need to address why the backup process is so slow.

Comment

Just to close this out, I found some errors on the disk. Running the disk repair routine (essentially chkdsk /f) was effective and now BLBackup is running normally again and no longer generates log database errors.

Comment

Working...
                      X