Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove a dead node... HS3 won't do it, Zensys won't do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove a dead node... HS3 won't do it, Zensys won't do it.

So I'm trying to cleanup the system from old nodes that fried out or whatever... devices that I could not get talked to remove the node properly.

I had 6 devices in total that are gone...

HS3Pro
    In HS3Pro I attempted to go into the Zwave controller interface and remove the bad nodes, it didnt work because they were not there to communicate.
    I then went into the devices Zwave tab > Remove Bad node > this did not work either.
    After then I just went to the device managemnt page, selected all of the items in that node, and deleted them.
    At this point I thought they were gone. BUT, I went to Plug-ins > Zwave > Node Information... and all of them are still there but with no "Full Name". At this point I couldnt figure out what to do next, so did a search and found that some of you used Zensys.

Zensys
    I selected the node, then hit remove... obviously nothing happened because it could not reach the node... I then hit "Remove Failed". This worked on 1 out of the 6 bad nodes. The rest of the 5 come back with "Remove Failed Node from the network failed..."

I tried restarting the ZWaveStick+ interface, restarting the Windows 10 pc I have the Stick+ in and HS3Pro on.... nothing is letting me remove those 5 devices.

Thoughts?

Click on the 'Home' menu, you should see the 'Device List'.
    Click on the name of the node you're trying to remove. You should see 4 tabs: Configuration, Advanced, Status Graphics, and Z-wave.
    Click on the 'Z-wave' tab.
    Click on the 'Test Connectivity' button, wait for it to report that it can't find the node.
    Click on the 'Remove Node'
    Voila!

Comment

Working...
    X