Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run with conditions ... can't seem to find the problem

Hi,

I've got this event that is triggered whenever my alarm system is deactivated.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_73666.png Views:	1 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	1262571

It should turn on the christmas lights if it's dark outside:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_73667.png Views:	1 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	1262572

However, for some reason it is triggered everytime. Am I overlooking something here ?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	log.png Views:	1 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	1262574

Best regards,
    Kriz

EDIT: it is daytime when running the event ;-) It also runs the events when I am not triggering it manually.

Could it be that i have to copy the trigger to the condition too? According to some of posts, the trigger is ignored when running the event with check conditions.

Comment

You will need to change the event to have just one trigger if you want to check conditions from another event, I think. You can then create a new event with your time trigger and its condition and have that event run this event (without checking conditions).
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
        Could it be that i have to copy the trigger to the condition too? According to some of posts, the trigger is ignored when running the event with check conditions.
        Yes, all the Triggers are ignored when an event is called from another event. Your event would always run when both of the first two conditions are true or when the third condition is true. You could probably add “AND IF the time is nighttime” to your second group to solve your problem. This way, it would run at sunset or manually at night.

To take it one step further, the easiest way is to delete the second group and make the first group use a time Trigger. Since triggers are ignored when called from another event it can run autonomously at sunset as long as both conditions are true or run from another event as long as both conditions are true.

You need to be very careful when deleting triggers. If you delete the second Trigger, the Condition will look as if it became a trigger. It will not work, so you must delete it as well. Then you can edit your first trigger to make it sunset. If you are unsure, just delete the entire event and build it from scratch.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks , i hugely appreciate your effort !

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
            Thanks , i hugely appreciate your effort !
            Your welcome! It looks like your device name and group are in Dutch, which I don’t speak, but I think I understand what you are doing. If it is becomes nighttime and a raspberry pin is low you want to turn on a group of devices. Further you want to be able to turn the group of devices on from another event, but only if the pin is low and it is nighttime.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The first statement in an IF (or an ORIF) is a trigger, all of the following ANDIFs are conditions. (Confusing, I know).

So when a event is manually triggered, then that is the triggering event, not the first statement (the normal trigger).

Setting the CheckConditions will only check the ANDIF condition statements.

So yes, you would need to add an extra condition if you wanted the original trigger condition to be checked. You might notice a difference in the options available on a condition though. Triggers are moments in time, conditions are not.

Comment

Working...
              X