No Audio When Speakers Plugged In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Audio When Speakers Plugged In

When I search for this issue almost everything I found was related to distributed audio or configuring sound cards.

I'm running HS3 on a Windows 10 Home computer. When HS starts the HS Speaks app automatically starts as well. If I don't have external speakers plugged into the speaker jack I hear audio through HS without issue. When I plug in external speakers to the speaker jack I no longer get any audio through HS. The speakers function as I've verified this by playing an audio file manually. I've checked in the options tab of the Speaks app and verified the volume levels are not muted.

I'm not running the Speaks app remotely, it is running locally on the same computer. I'm at a loss as to why there is no audio when speakers are plugged into the jack. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Update - I've been doing some testing and have discovered the following:

There seems to be some sort of delay in communication between HS and the sound card/driver on the computer (HP Pavilion on Windows 10). This was discovered while testing an event that I had changed the target audio source from a TTS script file to a wav file. When it executed the wav file only the last part of the audio was heard. I then added additional text to the original TTS script file and even though the HS Speaks app window was displaying the entire text content, only the last part of the file was heard as audio.

I also installed HS Speaks on a different computer and configured it with HS and when executing the test event the audio was heard as expected in its entirety without any issues. This leads me to suspect a communication issue between HS / HS Speaks and the computer sound card on the HS computer.

I have made sure the most current sound drivers have been installed... I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have also removed and reinstalled HS Speaks but the issue remains.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the cause for the communication delay?

Comment

Working...
    X