New device shows 00:00 not on/off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New device shows 00:00 not on/off

I added a ge outdoor module the other day and instead of the status column showing on or off it just shows the off image and 00:00. I created a new empty device and it is doing the same thing. In the new empty device I tried to delete and recreate the status text and images. They match value wise. When i click on or off the picture will change to the correct status image for a brief moment. then it all sets back to off and the 00:00.
    I have updated some plugins recently, Jowihue, zwave, i think there was an imperihome recently also.
    The last thing that i successfully added was the zooz power strip about 2 weeks ago. I haven't added any new scripts in months.
    I upgraded hs to the latest beta tonight from an older one that i cannot remember, to see if it would help. Not seeing errors in the log. Any ideas where to look?

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 20 Minutes 8 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 605
    Number of Events: 221
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

New wrinkle. I deleted the empty devices and added a new one. This new one is showing the timer for my air cleaner now.

Comment

My guess is that you have some script or event with immediate script commands that are setting those devices to those values. Did you create a script at some point with “dummy” reference id’s and with the creation of those devices those reference id’s are now real?
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        My guess is that you have some script or event with immediate script commands that are setting those devices to those values. Did you create a script at some point with “dummy” reference id’s and with the creation of those devices those reference id’s are now real?
        I added more and more devices and it finally cleared. I think you are correct. I did have an issue awhile back that caused me to have to restore from backup and cobble things back to get going. Thank you for the direction.

Comment

I’m also wondering if HomeSeer was set to create devices for counters and timers, then the devices were deleted, but the pointers to the virtual devices remained. Then HomeSeer reused the RefIDs from deleted timers. Just a guess, but I could see it as an unintended consequence of deleting a timer virtual device. It would be a bug.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I’m also wondering if HomeSeer was set to create devices for counters and timers, then the devices were deleted, but the pointers to the virtual devices remained. Then HomeSeer reused the RefIDs from deleted timers. Just a guess, but I could see it as an unintended consequence of deleting a timer virtual device. It would be a bug.
            I think it was actually something that happened using i think your door/window script and my use of vera as a zigbee controller. I had a hiccup a while back that forced me to restore. When i restored the device count dropped. Or a bug.

Comment

Working...
            X