No announcement yet.

New PC for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UAC are set at minimum and I've used startup delayer for quite some time now. BTW, I went through heck trying to get into BIOS setup so I could enable auto power on. The answer was in Windows settings > Update & Security > Recovery (darned if I remember what I did from there) . Basically it was time to wait for a key to be pressed before starting to load Windows. Mine was at zero, I changed it to 10 seconds and no I had enough time to go into the BIOS start menu and then into BIOS setup.

Comment

Here purchased a couple of the tiny Lenova computers for desktops. Not had an issue with these to date...almost a year of ownership.

That said I also enabled the auto Lenova updater on one and not the other one. Not really sure that I like it running all of the time with Windows 10.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I setup my new pc without a password on purpose. Now Windows 10 won't connect to it through Explorer. Apparently, I need to start all over, create an admin account with a password and then create another admin level account without a password. Maybe?? Anyone have experience with this?

I can still access via VNC but I can't use explorer to jump back and forth if the HS pc doesn't have a password or so it seems.

Comment

Just use a single admin account with a password then use netplwiz.exe to have Windows start and log in without a password. Just deselect the box and it will ask for credentials as you apply.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	1265060

This will allow HomeSeer to run, but still have a password for RDP, Explorer, etc.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Making progress and getting in more trouble. I had to start from scratch since I never setup a password. I backed up HS3 and all subdirectories and reinstalled HS3 after the reformat. I setup a password and used netplwiz as recommended. That's fine now.

However, I was getting sqlite.dll errors on the z-wave plugin and on others as well. So I uninstalled and did a re-install of zwave and the other plugins. Now there are no errors. There are also no devices or events. Do I still need to copy an old HomeSeerData.hsd file or is some other backed up database?

Comment

If you had a previous working HS3 setup, shutdown the current running HS3 and rename the directory to "HomeSeer HS3.save" or something, then copy over the entire previous backed up directory. I've done this numerous times without issue. Restart HS3.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

langenet I did that previously and it worked fine. Something got corrupted somewhere and I had to cobble it back together. Not sure why, but it appears I'm up and running with all devices and events albeit from a few days ago. {Whew!}

Comment

dodging bullets
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                  X