CAPI Control Handler and Google Home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPI Control Handler and Google Home...

I've been having a problem with my Google Homes where when I say "Turn on the light" it only turns on the lights in the Living room.

It's my understanding that these devices are supposed to be room aware. So what I'm expecting is the command "turn on the lights" (issued in the office) should only turn on the light in which the command was given this case the office. The way it works is, that regardless of what room, I say the command is executed in the living room, she responds "sure, turning on three lights" and then all the devices assigned to the living room turn on.

It's not an issue of the living room speaker hearing over any of the others. I've tested by whispering, closing doors, unplugging the LR speaker.
    I did have a few IFTTT applets setup but I've long since disconnected the service. I've actually deleted all the applets that I created.
    I've added all of my HS3 devices to GH and assigned them to rooms within the app.
    I've deleted and re-registered my devices to GH.

When I check the logs I get.
    Dec-05 4:40:29 PM Device Control Device: 1st Living Room Ceiling fan to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Dec-05 4:40:29 PM Device Control Device: 1st Living Room Light to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Dec-05 4:40:29 PM Device Control Device: 1st Living Room TV Lights to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    As a matter of fact this CAPI Control Handler seems to be involved with any GH to HS3 command. Is there a way to track down why this isn't working the way I think it should?

Thanks.
Working...
X