Linux: New Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux: New Install?

So it seems I have to little to do during Christmas (yea right...) so I decided to (finally) install Ubuntu 18.04LTS on my brand new Intel NUC8i3BEH (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD M2 NVMe). My idea is to move from my current Ubuntu 16.04LTS (virtual) server to this new NUC (that is by far more energy efficient).

So I have installed Ubuntu 18.04LTS, Mono (latest) and then a few more bit's. And also HS3 .345 is downloaded, extracted and I can start this except it demands a registration.

Now from somewhere on this board I have this idea that the only thing needed to move from old Ubuntu 16.04 to new Ubuntu 18.04 is to move the /opt/Homeseer folder to the new NUC server. And then all just works? Sounds to good to be true?

So am I missing something here or is it just that simple? Move /opt/Homeseer from old to new box - and then I should more or less be up and running?

(Well of course I need to move my USB Z-Wave stick and then the deconz ZigBee USB stick, and then maybe some drivers - but that is not importent for the moment)

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
    So it seems I have to little to do during Christmas (yea right...) so I decided to (finally) install Ubuntu 18.04LTS on my brand new Intel NUC8i3BEH (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD M2 NVMe). My idea is to move from my current Ubuntu 16.04LTS (virtual) server to this new NUC (that is by far more energy efficient).

So I have installed Ubuntu 18.04LTS, Mono (latest) and then a few more bit's. And also HS3 .345 is downloaded, extracted and I can start this except it demands a registration.

Now from somewhere on this board I have this idea that the only thing needed to move from old Ubuntu 16.04 to new Ubuntu 18.04 is to move the /opt/Homeseer folder to the new NUC server. And then all just works? Sounds to good to be true?

So am I missing something here or is it just that simple? Move /opt/Homeseer from old to new box - and then I should more or less be up and running?

(Well of course I need to move my USB Z-Wave stick and then the deconz ZigBee USB stick, and then maybe some drivers - but that is not importent for the moment)

Install HomeSeer Linux : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...tions#post77288 on your system,

Put your old Homeseer into your home folder then

sudo cp -rf /from user home folder/Homeseer /opt

Reboot.

Tip: You may also need this : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...stemd?t=186864 (there may be another way, just ask!)

For updates ===> In case of a R PI = sudo tar -xvzf /home/pi/hs3_linux_3_0_0_478.tar.tgz -C /opt (note : file renamed from .gz to .tgz)

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Yes this worked perfectly - wonder why I questioned it in the first place?

Comment

Working...
      X