Changing PCs - Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing PCs - Any advice?

I'll be installing a new Win10 PC, and want to move the HS3 over to it. Any advice on the steps required?

Try this thread and see if it helps
    My new tiny Lenovo arrives tomorrow. I plan on doing all the updates I can for Win 10 Pro then downloading and installing HS3. From there, I would enter my
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Are you moving from a 32 bit machine to a 64 bit machine? If so, the change in the path to HS will force some manual changes.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hi Mike. Both PCs are 64 bit. Apart from a back-up file and being mindful of the license number, is there anything else? I have all the licenses and passwords for the plugins.

Update: Installed the HS3 software, and restored from the backup file. The plugins were empty. I went through and reacquired 3 of the 4 plugins, all except the "Z-Wave" plugin. I am trying to remember where that software was originally installed from; the HomeSeer's USB Z-Wave stick is still in use in the old PC. It's late and will retry again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post
          Hi Mike. Both PCs are 64 bit. Apart from a back-up file and being mindful of the license number, is there anything else? I have all the licenses and passwords for the plugins.

Update: Installed the HS3 software, and restored from the backup file. The plugins were empty. I went through and reacquired 3 of the 4 plugins, all except the "Z-Wave" plugin. I am trying to remember where that software was originally installed from; the HomeSeer's USB Z-Wave stick is still in use in the old PC. It's late and will retry again tomorrow.
          I'd recommend that you install HS3 and all your plug-ins on the new computer first, then copy your backup files over the new install.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Z-wave is installed like any other plugin, you can find production in Lighting & Primary technology. there are also versions in the beta section.
            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
            Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I uninstalled and reinstalled in the suggested order. The z-wave plugin was installed, along with the other 3 plugins, and then the config was restored. All plugins are working except for the z-wave. It says there's no nodes associated with it, and the Device Management page shows all my nodes, but not connected to the controller.

When I look at individual nodes from the device list, I see this error under the z-wave tab: "Error: Failed to get the node list for network ABCD1234. Node Number options cannot be displayed."

Is there a way to re-acquire the nodes to the network? Or will I need to delete all the nodes and re-add them?

Comment

Still wondering what I need to do to get the HS3's Z-Wave SmartStick+ operational on a new PC so that the listed nodes can work again. Will have to open a ticket with them, I guess. When I find out what is involved I'll share the information.

Comment

Have you tried "Import node info from Controller and scan devices"

It is located in the z-wave plugin, under controller management, Z-wave interface, actions.
                  HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                  Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                  Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Hi dr,

I don't see that option on my system. The Actions drop-down is empty of items. The only button is 'Add Interface'.

At the top, I do see there are two Z-Wave networks. They both have the same name and HomeID; one has a 'Remove Network' button, and in red:

"This network has no active interfaces enabled for it, and it has no objects or
                    HomeSeer devices tied to it. If this network will not be used again, please
                    use the functions at the end to remove this network and all associated
                    network data. (Restart the plug-in after removing the interface before
                    attempting the removal.)"

Update: Spoke with HS support, and Matt pointed out that the COM port was not set correctly. I had to click on the " ! " symbol next to the interface name to disable it, change the COM port, and re-enable. Now the interface has a green check mark next to it. Once I had the port correctly selected then the Actions drop-down became populated. At that point there was nothing left to do, as the nodes all now respond.

Comment

Working...
                    X