"Only admin users have access to this page"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Only admin users have access to this page"

A search of the user guide and forums didn't return any relevant information so here goes - I'm sure it's something super basic that I'm overlooking:

I got my Zee S2 up and running last night and have it controlling a GoControl thermostat.

However, just about every button I click in the HS3 environment returns with "Only admin users have access to this page." I'd like to start adding some plug-ins but am not able to do so because I can't access the page to do so.

As far as I know I'm the admin user - I bought the unit directly from Homeseer and registered it without any issues. What am I missing? Thank you!

Sounds like you logged into the console with user credentials. Quickest test would be to run another browser to confirm. You should get promoted for auth. Enter admin and your Hs password.

Comment

Originally posted by 0utrageousfun View Post
      A search of the user guide and forums didn't return any relevant information so here goes - I'm sure it's something super basic that I'm overlooking:

I got my Zee S2 up and running last night and have it controlling a GoControl thermostat.

However, just about every button I click in the HS3 environment returns with "Only admin users have access to this page." I'd like to start adding some plug-ins but am not able to do so because I can't access the page to do so.

As far as I know I'm the admin user - I bought the unit directly from Homeseer and registered it without any issues. What am I missing? Thank you!
      You have to run homeseer as administrator.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I've tried a different browser on a different computer with the same result, as well as logging out and logging back in and restarting the Zee. Is it possible I didn't give myself admin rights when I first set the system up? Oops

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I've tried a different browser on a different computer with the same result, as well as logging out and logging back in and restarting the Zee. Is it possible I didn't give myself admin rights when I first set the system up? Oops
          Right click on the homeseer shortcut and then click "run as administrator"

Comment

Yes, that's possible. You can use something like WinSCP to connect to the Zee, shut down and then rename the users.cfg file in the HS /config folder to users.bak and then restart HS. If you're not familiar with linux, then someone will need to provide the exact steps. I don't have a Zee, so can only point you in the right direction on this but not able to provide the exact steps.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post

Right click on the homeseer shortcut and then click "run as administrator"
              The Zee is linux, not Windows.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Yes, that's possible. You can use something like WinSCP to connect to the Zee, shut down and then rename the users.cfg file in the HS /config folder to users.bak and then restart HS. If you're not familiar with linux, then someone will need to provide the exact steps. I don't have a Zee, so can only point you in the right direction on this but not able to provide the exact steps.
                I think that's what happened. Was too excited to get things running and skipped over a crucial step! Thanks for pointing me towards a solution. I'll call Homeseer on Monday and see if they can walk me through it with WinSCP.

Comment

Here’s how to resolve this issue on a Zee S2 for anyone who forgets to give themselves admin rights during set-up in the future. The directions came directly from the Homeseer support team:

In order to delete the users.cfg file, you will need to complete the following steps:

1) Download the putty software, which can be found on the putty.exe link here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s...ty/latest.html

2) Note down the IP address of your SEL, and navigate to Tools > System > Shutdown HomeSeer

3) Open up Putty and enter the IP address in the appropriate field (leave the port as-is), and click Open. If you receive any errors or warnings, click yes.

4) Once connected, you will be asked to log in. The username is homeseer and the password is the system password which you set when first configuring the device. The default is hsthsths3. Keep in mind that you will not be able to see the letters you enter for the password, nor any indication of such. This is a security feature of Linux.

5) Once you are logged in, enter the following command, without quotes "sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/users.cfg" Linux is case-sensitive, so it will need to be entered exactly as you see here. You should be able to copy and paste. It may ask you for the system password again, which once you enter, will delete the file.

6) Enter the command "sudo reboot" and your system will restart. You will then be able to connect again and recreate your users.

Comment

Working...
                  X