Double Click or Multiple clicks to activate a scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Click or Multiple clicks to activate a scene

Maybe I'm just a little slow on this - I have events that start every evening and have been working with no issues, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around activating a scene by multiple clicks on a single WS-200 switch.

Quick overview:

I have all WS and WS 200's in the house - I want to setup one near the back door that if I click it (2) times up, it turns on the landscape lighting.

The landscape lighting is not tied into a switch, it runs on a Leviton Z-wave controller (right now I'm controlling it with my phone with no issues from HS and is also a nightly event to turn on the landscape lighting at sunset for two hours.

I setup a scene to turn on all the back lights when it's activated (see pic) - I just don't know how to program the switch for a double click to activate it ON or OFF <sigh>

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs1.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1274643

Here is an example of turning on a set of lights using a double tap on the top paddle. Ensure you use 'had it's value set' and not 'changed to'. Scene 001 is the top paddle, Scene 002 is the bottom.

Name:	central scene double tap.JPG
Views:	978
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1274805
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks for the screen shot but I'm not sure where you see the 'Key pressed twice' - is that another action you have set somewhere - maybe I'm just dense....
      Attached Files

Comment

It is a separate device from the dimmer or switch called “Central Scene”. There are separate values for all the different button presses. Also note in the above post the choice that the value is “set” rather than changed. This is very important because the same scene can be set again without the value changing.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

So basically these first steps

View > Device Management
          Sort the 'Device Type' column to Z-Wave Central Scene Only
          Find the correct Scene Controller that is basically the switch Scene Controller option), then click and go to STATUS GRAPHICS
          Select the STATUS CONTROL column and change STATUS to CONTROL and set it to how many clicks up to ON and how many clicks down to OFF

Attached Files

Comment

No that won’t work. You will need to control the lights with events triggered by the Central Scene. I’m done for the evening. I will post in detail tomorrow if nobody else does.

You need to understand that Central Scenes have nothing to do with Z-Wave scenes. Z-Wave scenes need to be initiated by an Event action.

Comment

I appreciate the input - this all just seems a bit tedious just setting a double-click to initiate another light or set of lights - I use my phone but my wife wants to be able to double-click the wall switch by the back door up 2 times and turn on landscape lighting... I could just link multiple lights together to simplify but thought I would try a scene - is there a video set or documentation on this anywhere - seems to be the issue with homeseer that the educational stuff is 'stumble around the forums and look for help' instead of instructional videos - I've seen a few online for stuff, but nothing like you get with some other tech. Thanks!

Comment

Patience grasshopper!

The documentation is a little weak, but the software is very powerful. This community is robust. Spend some time learning and you can make this tech do exactly what you want. When you learn the concepts a light bulb will go off over your head until then it will be elusive. It’s not tedious. You create an event that:

If I do this, then do that.
                If it is this time, do this
                If this happens , do that.

It is is very easy, but you need to learn a new language. There are rules and structure as well as faults and foibles, by I’ve not seen a more powerful platform. We will all help you, I just need to wait until tomorrow.

Comment

Lets break down the screen shot I posted. We'll start on the Device Management page; typically the default page that loads when you use the web interface to interact with Homeseer. When you install a HS brand dimmer/switch or fan controller you'll end up with a root device and 2 child devices. In this example the root is the top device which I typically name as 'device parent' followed by the two child devices which I name 'device central scene' and then 'device'. We won't be doing anything further on this page, we're only here to show you how I like to name my devices

Name:	HS device management.JPG
Views:	956
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1275869
                  Now we're going to switch to the Events page. Click the View menu, and select 'events'

Let me show you the expanded event from what I posted initially. This is where knowing how I name my devices is useful. You can see that I have the 'first master bathroom main lights central scene' selected. Each device you select has different possible actions which then populate just to the right. If I picked 'main lights instead' I would get a list of possible dimmer values. Since I'm using a central scene I get a list of possible key presses.

Name:	HS event expanded.JPG
Views:	927
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1275870

I see you have an event already to go. You just need to select the correct device and it should work as you're expecting.
                  Head to your Double Tap Landscape Lighting event... open it and change the 'Outside Back Porch Grill Flood Light' to it's central scene device.

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                  Number of Devices: 1005
                  Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I want to say thank you jmaddox this is VERY helpful. I was searching and searching on how to do this. I come from SmartThings and on that side I had a tool created by Innovelli for my switches which was pretty straight forward.

Now that I see this written out it makes PERFECT sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X