Danalock V3 Installation Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danalock V3 Installation Help

I am trying to install the Bluetooth/Z-Wave version of the Danalock V3. However, I get only one device created ("Poly-Contrrol Entry Control") and this device does nothing. The error I get when I installed it (either securely or non-securely) was "Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 157. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer."

There are several on this board that are using this with Homeseer, but in retrospect of my earlier research, I see none in the USA using it. Did I learn the hard way that it is not supported by US Z-Wave?
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

What's the exact model number you have? How close do you have the lock to the controller when trying to add it?
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      What's the exact model number you have? How close do you have the lock to the controller when trying to add it?
      Thanks. It states that it is V3 and that the software (?firmware) is version 0.9.6, which is supposedly up-to-date. When I couldn't get it to add properly, I took it off the door and brought it within a few feet of the Z-Net. This didn't make the difference. Z-Net version is version 1.0.22.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Thanks. It states that it is V3 and that the software (?firmware) is version 0.9.6, which is supposedly up-to-date. When I couldn't get it to add properly, I took it off the door and brought it within a few feet of the Z-Net. This didn't make the difference. Z-Net version is version 1.0.22.
        Is there an exact model number though? To confirm whether it's using the North American z-wave frequency.

Comment

Is there an exact model number though? To confirm whether it's using the North American z-wave frequency.
          Just found more information on the package: Model: V3-BTZU; Region: V3-BTZU-US; FCC ID: 2ADSH-V3BTZU; IC: 12588A-V3BTZU.

That's on the box. I have no way of confirming it with the device.

Thanks.

Comment

That looks all correct, so unless they packaged it wrong, you should be good. Did you try excluding it first? It might still be associated with the controller used to test it at the factory.

Comment

That looks all correct, so unless they packaged it wrong, you should be good. Did you try excluding it first? It might still be associated with the controller used to test it at the factory.
              That's an interesting thought. However, after it didn't add properly the first time, I did exclude it and re-added, with the same result. I have contacted the company via their website. As part of the message, they required the serial number (which looks to me like a MAC address). From that information, they should know if it is in fact a US model. Thank you.

Comment

The problem has been solved with help from Danalock support. Although the instructions state that the inclusion of the lock in a Z-wave network should be done within the smart phone app, it turns out that this approach is currently non-functional. From Danalock support: "It is not possible to add to Z-wave using Danalock app at this point, this will be implemented very soon." The lock has a tiny hole which is used to activate various features, including adding to a Z-wave network. So, when I activated the lock in this manner and had it within a few feet of my Z-Net, it did add as it should.

Comment

Great, glad to hear you got it resolved and sounds like their support is good!

Comment

Great, glad to hear you got it resolved and sounds like their support is good!
                    Thank you. Yes, their support is good. Now that I have it integrated with Homeseer, I like the lock a lot.

Comment

I come from Vera and it worked great with the Homekit giving status updates. I didn't matter of you used the physical key or the app. Homeseer just updates if you use the app and just sometimes it is not reliable. What I'm I doing wrong? I'm not using Homekit just the Homeseer App or HS Buddy

Comment

Working...
                      X