Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does calling event 2 from event 1 provision an 'if' statement in the second event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does calling event 2 from event 1 provision an 'if' statement in the second event

So I'm calling a event 2 from event 1. In event 2, I have setup an if statement, but that doesn't seem to work and instead the "then" in event 2 runs regardless.

Event 1:

If this condition = a
    or if
    this condition = b
    then run event 2
    do something else...

Event 2:

If this condition = c
    then turn on device.

It appears that c isn't tested and the device is just turned on.

The question is, since event 2 is called from event 1, is the condition tested or does it behave like running the event manually where conditions are ignored.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Conditions in the 2nd event are ignored unless you check "Run Only If Other Event Conditions are TRUE" in the first event.

Edit: The 2nd scene trigger is ignored regardless, so you'll need to add a condition in the 2nd scene to be evaluated. Here's an example of an event that I call from another event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_75328.png
Views:	36
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1274846

Randy's posts in Event Clinic give a much better explanation.
    -Wade

Comment

So running your second event manually and using "AND IF" to test works then?

Here's my event 2 in question... which is called by event 1. It always seems to turn on the booster fan.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	1274857
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I’m not sure in this but am wondering if since event 2 is a trigger it’s not evaluated when run from another event. You can test this by adding an

or if this event is manually triggered
        and (same test as above)

Comment

Running it manually always ignores the conditions. For your event you can just add a condition after the trigger (and identical to the trigger).

AND IF HVAC Sarah's Room Sarah Home was set and has a value equal to Home

The condition will be evaluated when the event is called from the first event (assuming "Run Only If Other Event Conditions are TRUE" is checked in the first event), and will not affect the 2nd event running when triggered on its own.
          -Wade

Comment

Ok... I'll try that ("Run Only If Other Event Conditions are TRUE"). Interestingly event 1 condition must have been true for this event 2 to run or have I interrupted this incorrectly...

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              Ok... I'll try that ("Run Only If Other Event Conditions are TRUE"). Interestingly event 1 condition must have been true for this event 2 to run or have I interrupted this incorrectly...
              Your event 2 would run when called from event 1 or when event 2's own trigger evaluated as true (HVAC Sarah's Room Sarah Home set to Home).
              -Wade

Comment

If you don't want event 2 to run on its own then change its trigger to "This event is manually triggered".
                -Wade

Comment

Ok... It works now. Yes, I set up the event 2 to be "This event is manually triggered" as It is only called from event 1.
                  The log shows now...

'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: HVAC/Security Turn on Booster fan when furnace fan is on and Sarah is home

Great! Thanks for your help!

Robert

Comment

Happy to assist. Glad you got it working.
                    -Wade

Comment

Just to be clear Triggers are always ignored. Conditions are only honored when specifically stipulated in the calling Event.

Click image for larger version  Name:	913590B8-3D35-4F2F-A58F-8BBECC7BC798.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	1274891

In your event you can make it manually triggered and move HVAC Sarah’s room to a Condition.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Event2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1274899

Thanks again Randy... Yup, works like a charm. Thanks for the reminder about Triggers and Conditions.

Comment

When in doubt go to the Event Clinic Table of Contents post, it is at the top. For running another Event look here

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...event?t=174310

Also as a reminder, this is the only time Conditions are honored when an event is run by any means other than its native Trigger(s). Events run by Echo, Google, HSTouch, IFTTT or manually run from the Event Management page will ignore Conditions.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                          X