Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devices suddenly loosing their Node ID. The Node ID is missing from the node ID list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices suddenly loosing their Node ID. The Node ID is missing from the node ID list

This is really strange but I've had it happen at least three times. It's happen enough that I'm wondering if I have a corrupted data base. It this keeps up I'm worries that my system will never be stable.

So what will happen is a hardwired device will stop responding. I've had it happen on old Evolve switches and now on a ZOOZ REN15 switch.

In the case of the ZOOZ I pool them for several of their readings and for the current watts let them send the data when it changes. I just had my ZOOZ on node 64 stop responding to polls stating that it was sleeping. That's a problem since these devices never sleep. I went to the Z-Wave tab so check the device and it did respond to a test for contacted but fails both Rescan and Audit this Node. Here is the Audit this node information.

Auditing node 64 (Root_Status Garage Door Opener Root Status) ...

HomeSeer was able to send a frame to the node.
    HomeSeer cannot test two-way communication with the node because it is a non-listening node.
    It was then I noticed under Options that the node ID showed No Node ID. As I said this has happen before on some of my Evolve devices, they just loose the Node ID and you can reset it since the node id is not in the list to select.

How can a device just suddenly loose its Node ID and that ID disappear from the node list?

I am running HS3 beta but the first time this happen I don't think I was on a beta. I could go back to the last official release and its backup but all of my new stuff would be history if the current backups won't load on the last official release.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

I found out what's happening but not the reason why.

The node in question disappears from the Z-Wave controller. I've seen this before on the EZZee that at some point refused to reload however I really don't think this is a hardware issue since I'm on a different controller. I'm starting to think it's something in the Z-Wave plugin that might cause a z-wave node to disappear.

I was able to recover by editing the Z-Wave backup file and replacing the missing node then restoring the device. That then restored the node setting to the ZOOZ and everything started working again

BTW, when I lost the node I did a Z-Wave backup and the node was missing in the backup. I copied the missing line from a previous backup which is what I restored above.

So at this point I have no way to know for sure if it's HS3, the Z-Wave plugin or the Z-Wave controller but my bet is it's not the controller.

At least I know now if the node disappears restoring the Z-Wave node information will fix the problem.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
    X