Virtual Contact or Virtual Motion Sensor for Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Contact or Virtual Motion Sensor for Alexa

I am trying to have Alexa execute a Routine based on an event. Unfortunately, the only device triggers that Alexa allows are contact or motion sensors. So the idea is to create a virtual contact or a virtual motion sensor in HomeSeer which hopefully Alexa will recognize as such. Then I would use HomeSeer events to activate/deactivate those virtual sensors. While I have a bunch of virtual devices already, I am not sure how to make one a contact or motion sensor. How can this be accomplished?

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    I am trying to have Alexa execute a Routine based on an event. Unfortunately, the only device triggers that Alexa allows are contact or motion sensors. So the idea is to create a virtual contact or a virtual motion sensor in HomeSeer which hopefully Alexa will recognize as such. Then I would use HomeSeer events to activate/deactivate those virtual sensors. While I have a bunch of virtual devices already, I am not sure how to make one a contact or motion sensor. How can this be accomplished?
    Currently this is not possible at all with HS3....

Other controllers/systems can do this with sensors and VS and can even present switches AS A SENSOR to Alexa so you don't need the VS.... food for thought. I posted about this in a previous post as well.

Comment

has anyone managed to make this work? i can have alexa see the sensor, and see motion and non motion but i cant trigger a routine
      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
      X