HS3 Pro Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Pro Crashing

Every two or three weeks my HS3Pro crashes. How do I fix this so that it stops crashing?

I've got 32GB of RAM and HS3Pro is the only program that is running on this machine. Whenever I look, about 3-4GB is in use.

This is the error from Win7Pro:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: HS3.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 3.0.0.435
    Problem Signature 03: 5ada0565
    Problem Signature 04: System.Web
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 5bd8ebda
    Problem Signature 07: 6742
    Problem Signature 08: 64
    Problem Signature 09: System.OutOfMemoryException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Is there a way to set HS3Pro to auto restart once a week? Maybe that would eliminate the crashing, without fixing the problem.

Thanks!

You shouldn't need to restart once a week. I'm currently running the same version and it has been up for 47 days without any problems and I only have 4GB of ram plus I run an email server on the same machine.
    You don't list what plugins are running? Have you done any analysis based on the task manager to see who's consuming memory?
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

It ran for a long time before it started crashing. This started shortly after I installed the following 4 plugins, a coincidence I think:
      "Easy Trigger"
      "HSBuddy"
      "MeiHarmonyHub"
      "NetCAM"

After the first crash, I disabled the above 4 and have not been using them.

I am actively running these PIs:
      "Blue Iris" (newest of my in use PIs)
      "drhsIpPlugIn"
      "Global Cache Pro"
      "Sonos"
      "Z-Wave"

Looking at Task Manager, there are no obvious offenders. I am looking when it is running well. I need to remember to check the mem before I reboot next time. Right now, it is using 2.78 GB of 32 GB RAM.

My preference would be to fix this, not schedule a frequent reboot. HS2 and, until recently HS3Pro, have run really well for me for very long stretches.

Comment

Are you using e-mail settings? Specifically are you using gmail through HS3? There have been reports of major memory issues from using gmail.

Comment

Yes to using Gmail, I'll disable this for now, it is configured, although not really used.

These settings are unchanged from long before these crashes started occurring.

It's cruising along nicely for the time being. Low CPU and MEM usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post

Is there a way to set HS3Pro to auto restart once a week? Maybe that would eliminate the crashing, without fixing the problem.

Thanks!
            I use Jon00Restart and it works very well. I restart once per day in the middle of the night.

Comment

I had crashes of HS3 every few days until I disabled gmail support. None since.

Comment

We had issues a while back with bitdefender antivirus, so if you are running any anti virus, disable it or uninstall it and see if that is the issue.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks. I've disabled gmail.

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, not bitdefender.

Comment

I'm still getting crashes. This one crashed yesterday. When I had time to look today, CPU and Mem were fine.

I did find a few critical events at 0230 yesterday am. Might these help point me to the culprit?

Thanks!

Comment

Are the restarts at random or do they occur around similar periods of the day? If really an outofmemory exception, it could be something "looping" or "flooding". Do you have events that might get triggered over and over or perhaps an issue with a PI that calls HS over and over. I also see an system.web reference, coincidence? Some JSON scripting?

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
                        Every two or three weeks my HS3Pro crashes. How do I fix this so that it stops crashing?

I've got 32GB of RAM and HS3Pro is the only program that is running on this machine. Whenever I look, about 3-4GB is in use.

This is the error from Win7Pro:

Problem signature:
                        Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                        Problem Signature 01: HS3.exe
                        Problem Signature 02: 3.0.0.435
                        Problem Signature 03: 5ada0565
                        Problem Signature 04: System.Web
                        Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
                        Problem Signature 06: 5bd8ebda
                        Problem Signature 07: 6742
                        Problem Signature 08: 64
                        Problem Signature 09: System.OutOfMemoryException
                        OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                        Locale ID: 1033
                        Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                        Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                        Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                        Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
                        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                        C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thanks!
                        hello
                        Can you copy in the message board your system profile, in this way I can also compare with my installations and maybe offer my help considering that in the past I had a similar problem.
                        Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Working...
                        X