HS3 3.0.0.500 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 3.0.0.500 ???

What's changed/fixed in this release? There's no announcement. Only way we even knew about it was an email announcing HomeSeer Mobile. Running .435 on Linux 18.04; been extremely stable, so we're very, very cautious about a new release. Not anxious to risk a change without some understanding of what's been changed.

Rog

One change is you need 3.0.0.500 to use the newly released Mobile app.

Comment

Running .425 and have done a few restarts but no upgrade took place. Also interested is what other changes have been made as my system has been stable for almost a year now. Been using HS is 1.0 and understand changes take time to debug.

Comment

Originally posted by BMXdad View Post
        Running .425 and have done a few restarts but no upgrade took place. Also interested is what other changes have been made as my system has been stable for almost a year now. Been using HS is 1.0 and understand changes take time to debug.
        Do you have 'Check for HS3 Update at Startup' checked in your settings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.PNG
Views:	220
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1283069
        Jon

Comment

Yes it is checked. I did find a link for .500 on hs website but would prefer it to do the update via software.

Comment

Originally posted by rloeb View Post
            What's changed/fixed in this release? There's no announcement. Only way we even knew about it was an email announcing HomeSeer Mobile. Running .435 on Linux 18.04; been extremely stable, so we're very, very cautious about a new release. Not anxious to risk a change without some understanding of what's been changed.

Rog
            The release notes are a sticky in this forum and .500 is at the top.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have the same issue...….I am running HSPro .425 with the check for update at restart. I have tried to restart many times and there is no update. Any other suggestions?

Comment

To those who have already updated - particularly on Windows, I see the forum is quiet on this release. Is it because it's really that good? lol
                I'm planning on upgrading from my current very stable .435 in a couple of weeks when I have a window of time. Eventually, I'd like to make use of the new mobile app.

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernieo View Post
                  I have tried to restart many times and there is no update. Any other suggestions?
                  Shut down HS. Then double click on the file 'HS3Updater.exe' in the main HS3 folder.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

The release notes are a sticky in this forum and .500 is at the top.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes
                    Unfortunately, subscribing to that thread doesn't help because of the way new release announcements are just prepended to the beginning of the first post. So you never get a notification that anything has changed. It would be nice if there were some other mechanism to be informed of updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                      Shut down HS. Then double click on the file 'HS3Updater.exe' in the main HS3 folder.
                      Thanks...….That did it......Always good to learn something new...…..

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
                        It would be nice if there were some other mechanism to be informed of updates.
                        There is . . .sort of. I wait to see posts from early adopters, usually raising concerns of one form or another, to gauge the utility of installing a new release. That tactic has allowed me to skip over some of the more problematic releases.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post

Unfortunately, subscribing to that thread doesn't help because of the way new release announcements are just prepended to the beginning of the first post. So you never get a notification that anything has changed. It would be nice if there were some other mechanism to be informed of updates.
                          I use an event/script that mrhappy wrote to check for official releases. I'll see if I can find it on the forum and I'll post a link.
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

>> The release notes are a sticky in this forum and .500 is at the top.

And that sticky says that the last post was August 28th, 2015, 12:18 PM, so it's not obvious that's a useful post.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I use an event/script that mrhappy wrote to check for official releases. I'll see if I can find it on the forum and I'll post a link.
                              That would be great

Comment

Working...
                              X