Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baudi View Post

That would be great
    It is here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...23#post1017623.

I have modified it slightly to put the info in two virtual devices and also send an email. You'd need to manually create two virtual devices and edit the script with the reference IDs for them, and also the line for sending the email with your own from/to email addresses. i have an event that runs the script on a daily basis.

Code:
    Imports System.Diagnostics

Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Dim logName As String = "HS3 Update Check"
        Dim Debug As Boolean = False

Try
            'This script will download the file to check whether or not the version running is the latest HS3 version
            Dim ReplyFull As String = hs.geturl("http://www.homeseer.com", "/updates3/hs3update.txt", False, 80)
            If ReplyFull IsNot Nothing Then

Dim SplLine() As String = ReplyFull.Split(vbCr)
                Dim LatestVersion As String = SplLine(9).Replace("Version = ", Nothing).Trim

If Debug Then hs.writelog(logName, "Latest HS3 Version: " & LatestVersion)

'now we have the latest version in the update.txt file, find the latest version in the HS3 EXE file

Dim HS3VersionInfo As FileVersionInfo = FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(hs.getapppath & "\HS3.exe")
                Dim CurrentVersion As String = HS3VersionInfo.FileVersion

If Debug Then hs.writelog(logName, "Installed HS3 Version: " & CurrentVersion)
                Dim CurrentInstalledVersion As String = hs.devicestring([B]6349[/B])
                Dim CurrentReleasedVersion As String = hs.devicestring([B]6350[/B])

If CurrentVersion <> CurrentInstalledVersion Then hs.setdevicestring([B]6349[/B],CurrentVersion,True)

If LatestVersion = CurrentVersion Then
                    If Debug Then hs.writelog(logName, "You Have the Latest Version Installed")
                ElseIf CurrentReleasedVersion <> LatestVersion Then
                    If Debug Then hs.writelog(logName, "You Don't Have the Latest Version Installed")
                    'hs.SendEmail("[B]home-warning@xyz.com[/B]","[B]homeseer@xyz.com[/B]","","","New HS3 Version Released","*** New HS3 Version Released: " & LatestVersion & " ***","")
                    hs.setdevicestring([B]6350[/B],latestversion,True)
                End If

End If

Catch ex As Exception : hs.writelog(logName, "Error: " & ex.Message.ToString)
        End Try

End Sub
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Shut down HS. Then double click on the file 'HS3Updater.exe' in the main HS3 folder.
      This corrected the update issue and the new mobil app is really nice!! Now how do i setup it up for different users?

Comment

Two other fixes that I know Rich put in but didn't make the list:

DeleteEventByRef() now actually deletes the event from the DB (before was only removing it from memory)
        HSSentry will now respect the IP binding flag it HS is set to bind to a specific IP (before it could bind to IP B but Sentry would try to check the system on IP A and cause a restart every few minutes)

Comment

The update references JSON API changes... are those documented anywhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by BMXdad View Post

This corrected the update issue and the new mobil app is really nice!! Now how do i setup it up for different users?
            What does the 'it' refer to? The mobile app?

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              To those who have already updated - particularly on Windows, I see the forum is quiet on this release. Is it because it's really that good? lol
              I'm planning on upgrading from my current very stable .435 in a couple of weeks when I have a window of time. Eventually, I'd like to make use of the new mobile app.

Robert
              Has anyone had issues with stability of connections for android HSTouch with this upgrade? One can never be certain of cause and effect, but I have several android tablets that are now having issues staying connected, since I upgraded to .500.
              Elliott
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

It is here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...23#post1017623.

I have modified it slightly to put the info in two virtual devices and also send an email. You'd need to manually create two virtual devices and edit the script with the reference IDs for them, and also the line for sending the email with your own from/to email addresses. i have an event that runs the script on a daily basis.

Code:
                Imports System.Diagnostics

Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)
                End Sub
                Works great. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X