Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using HomeSeer along side with Home Assistant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you just using it for the UI ? I prefer the HS event engine and graphical editing, but the lovelace UI really makes the HS ui (and mobile app) look outdated. My wife really loves the HA UI.

Comment

I have started to, as HA and Node-Red are way more powerful (and way cheaper) than HS3 with plugins. Even after spending a lot on plugins, I find HA/Node-Red way better (easier). That said, HS3 is easier for simple things. The UI sucks on HS3 (both control and HS Touch), compared to HA and the new lovelace.

What I'm having the most issues with is; I want HS3 to push notifications on device changes to a websocket or MQTT. Yes, can setup mcsMQTT which I have and love. But takes a great deal of work to setup each device and isn't reliable all the time.

Big-5 doesn't work either (at least not that I can figure out easily).

Ideally I need a plugin or system that you can provide a list of devices to, and it will send all events out on a websocket/mqtt.
      HS3 for control already has a web/json way to control, so can send events Into HS3 easily. I just need an easier way to get them out as they happen (without polling HS3 constantly).

Comment

Running Hass in a venv and I have to say its addictive and highly productive. The big plus is not having to worry about Mono either? Of course you only have to mention a plugin (component in Hass terms) and there's one available for it or someone working on one. And of course it's all free to use. Exciting times ahead for Home Automation I reckon.

Comment

Here installed and using Docker, HA, Node Red and a combo Smartthings plugin. I like the new Lovelace UI.

Mostly tinkering these days with the HA Alexa plugin which turns the Alexa devices in to media players, TTS Status, cammands to Alexa one or all of them.

I built a separate box for doing this running on an Intel CPU. I did try to install Docker on the Pine64 2Gb machine that is running HS3. Installation went fine except that Docker will not work with the Arm64 build getting odd permission errors. So may do this install long hand with out using Docker.

- Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Working...
          X