Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devices that keep getting "corrupted"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Devices that keep getting "corrupted"

    I am having a repeated problem with some of my devices getting "corrupted". I am calling it this because I can't figure out what to call it. It seems to be a certain set of devices that do this and it might take a few weeks or months and then it happens. You can see from the screen shot that I have a bunch of virtual devices that I use to keep track of certain things.

    You will also notice that some of them are missing their status and last change. I have no idea why they are like this - and any events set to trigger from these devices are not working.

    If I click on the ON/OFF button then the last change updates but the status does not. If I check the configuration of the devices everything appears normal. The only thing I can do in these cases is to create new devices and then copy these devices over to them. Even then this doesn't always work as the status seems to work but last change on the new devices does not seem to update.

    Any thoughts on what is going on here? Thanks.

  • #2
    What HS3 version?

    Comment


    • #3
      Through multiple versions. I am running the latest beta but only installed beta about 2 weeks ago. Prior to that I have been running the released versions.

      Comment


      • #4
        When this happens, what do you see if you replace the HS database file with a recent backup?
        Are the devices random, or is this happening to an identifiable subset?
        Are there any database errors in the log?
        Is there any change with v500?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

        HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

        Comment


        • #5
          One of the problems is that I don’t always catch it right away. For example the back door light may not come on when I open it. I think it is just a zwave signal that got away. Several days later I start to realize the night virtual variable is not working. But if I can pin down the approximate timing I will try a restore to see what happens.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            One of the problems is that I don’t always catch it right away. For example the back door light may not come on when I open it. I think it is just a zwave signal that got away. Several days later I start to realize the night virtual variable is not working. But if I can pin down the approximate timing I will try a restore to see what happens.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment

            Working...
            X