Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Install Issues

Hello,

I have been (successfully) using Homeseer for over 5 years. HS3 Pro for the past year with an Aeotech Z-Stick for home lighting control. My Z-stick recently died so I decided to make some upgrades. I switched to a fresh install of Windows 10. Got the most recent HS3 Pro version and a new Gen5 Aeotech Z-stick. I have been successful in adding nodes to the Z-Stick and importing the items into Homeseer. I can rename the devices and control the lights from the PC and iPhone App.

Here is the issue:
    When I close Homeseer or restart the pc (which involves closing HS3), the next time I open HS3, the "database fails to load" and my devices screen is empty. I can go back to controller and import the nodes but I know that this behavior isn't normal. I went thru this process about 4 times trying to create a new database, etc. No change.

Please advise.

Sounds like a permissions issue. Check the HS Data subfolder and see if you have any recent .hsd files there. If not, then you have a permissions issue and the file is probably being created underneath an AppData folder in your user profile.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

How are you starting HS3? If you are using a shortcut, the 'Start in' entry should be the HS3 installation root. (usually C:\Program FIles (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\).

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Sounds like a permissions issue. Check the HS Data subfolder and see if you have any recent .hsd files there. If not, then you have a permissions issue and the file is probably being created underneath an AppData folder in your user profile.
        In my HS Data subfolder, there are multiple .hsd files. All of the previous databases I have created that will not open. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          How are you starting HS3? If you are using a shortcut, the 'Start in' entry should be the HS3 installation root. (usually C:\Program FIles (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\).
          I will check/verify this when I get home today. Thanks.

Comment

I had a similar problem. I found I received an error when going to File, Exit on the speaker. The error I got was dealing with FIPS. I didn't see the error when closing Homeseer.
            It did cause Homeseer to not save all info. I have the solution if you have the same problem.

Docfxit

Comment

Originally posted by MrRayburn View Post

I will check/verify this when I get home today. Thanks.
              shortcut path is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by docfxit View Post
                I had a similar problem. I found I received an error when going to File, Exit on the speaker. The error I got was dealing with FIPS. I didn't see the error when closing Homeseer.
                It did cause Homeseer to not save all info. I have the solution if you have the same problem.

Docfxit
                Not sure if I am having this issue or not. How can I verify? I would really like to get my automation set back up. After 8 years of using it, I miss it.

Comment

Please follow the instructions to verify if you have the same problem:
                  1. Open Homeseer
                  2. On mine when I open Homeseer the Speaker window also opened. It needs to be opened in order to see if this is causing your problem.
                  3. Close Homeseer
                  4. On the Speaker select File, Exit.
                  5. Do you get an error window that talks about FIPS?
                  6. If you do, I have a possible solution.

Docfxit

Comment

I'm really confused as to what could be causing a 'new install' issue. It's a new OS, brand new install, new z-stick.

Comment

I'd make sure your windows user account has admin access.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                        I'd make sure your windows user account has admin access.
                        If I'm the person that installed Windows, wouldn't my account be administrator by default? Has something changed with Windows 10 than all the previous versions of Windows?

Comment

Its probably easier to check the access rights rather than debate it.

Comment

Working...
                          X