Virtual COM port not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual COM port not working.

My Smartstick+ died so I got out my old Z-stick S2. When I try to set up the interface, I get Chinese characters be hind the COM4. Homeseer cannot initialize this interface.

Are you certain that the old stick is com4? Did you check the device manager?

Comment

Yes and made sure I have the proper driver and firmware for the Z-stick. This is the only virtual com port I have running and of course it disappears when you unplug the stick. No Chinese characters in device manager. Very puzzling. I have ticket open with Aeotec. So far they are just making sure I was using the right driver.

Comment

Does this continue if the ZWave plugin is restarted?

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem. Mine popped up after my old Win7 machine died and I moved everything to a Win10 machine yesterday. The error in the log indicates the failure is because HS is trying to open "COM3�륄谆륄谆����������������ᛖ碯륄谆闔磲륄谆������谆٠낂ﶘӉꬁ﶐Ӊꬁ����【 낂�������", and the actual name in device manager is "COM3". I just downloaded the latest Win10 driver, and still had no luck.

Comment

I found the solution to this (at least for me). When I plugged the Z Stick into my new computer, it would not automatically recognize it, so i manually installed the Win10 drivers from SI Labs. The result is exactly as described above. Just for testing, I plugged the Z Stick into my Win10 Laptop, and it recognized it immediately, so that told me it was something specifically with my new computer, and not necessarily a Win10 or device issue. My new computer is an Intel NUC, so I'm guessing some kind of hardware compatibility issue. I Googled around a bit, and a couple of posts over on the SI Labs forums gave me an idea. I downloaded the Win7 driver from SI Labs, and then in Win10 installed it in Win7 compatibility mode. Now everything works fine!

Comment

Working...
            X