Shutdown politely but why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutdown politely but why

Where should I look or what should I do to drill into why HS3 shutdown this afternoon. It started up shortly after because of HS Sentry and everything seems to be fine. Running .500
    Feb-12 17:48:01 Shutdown Shutting down all plug-ins.
    Feb-12 17:48:01 Shutdown Shutting down plug-ins ...
    Feb-12 17:48:01 Shutdown Shutdown Script Completed
    Feb-12 17:48:01 Shutdown Running shutdown script ...
    Feb-12 17:48:01 Info Plugin Chromecast with instance: has disconnected
    Feb-12 17:48:01 Shutdown Application shutdown at 02/12/2019 17:48:01
    Feb-12 17:48:01 Info Plugin EasyTrigger with instance: has disconnected
    Feb-12 17:48:00 Warning Request from UI to shutdown

This is weird.
    My system shut down this morning. Luckily I hadn't left for work yet so a quick restart and I was back up and running.
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

same here.

Comment

Mine shutdown last night at 11:06PM Central. When it came back up, only 72 of 500+ "devices" were available. Only noticed that because when we tried to run any bedtime routine, nothing worked. Had to use a backup config, but it was OLD! Now it no longer shows the icons to add or open events. REALLY weird.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Weirdness1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	1284628

Comment

outbackrob

BLBackup plugin

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
            outbackrob

BLBackup plugin
            True. There USED to be multiple copies of the config made by HS3. Only two semi-recent ones were available. Got the devices back.... I'll be firing up BLBackup TODAY!

Comment

BLBackup has saved me... backing up each morning at 1:00am. Wouldn't live without it!
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                Mine shutdown last night at 11:06PM Central. When it came back up, only 72 of 500+ "devices" were available. Only noticed that because when we tried to run any bedtime routine, nothing worked. Had to use a backup config, but it was OLD! Now it no longer shows the icons to add or open events. REALLY weird.

Doesn’t sound yours shut down gracefully. What does the log show around that time? I would check your Windows logs too.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Microsoft pushed out a Win10 update yesterday.

link
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                    Microsoft pushed out a Win10 update yesterday.

link
                    These updates were not pushed that hard.

---
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

True. There USED to be multiple copies of the config made by HS3. Only two semi-recent ones were available. Got the devices back.... I'll be firing up BLBackup TODAY!
                      It only makes the .hsd backup file copies with a typical HS3 restart. Might be good idea to add a weekly restart of HS3 to ensure you have a more recent backup copy.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

These updates were not pushed that hard.

---
                        John
                        This may be true but depending on one's update settings it could be the culprit. It was downloaded to 3 of my Win10 PCs yesterday, but I have installation delayed.
                        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

This may be true but depending on one's update settings it could be the culprit. It was downloaded to 3 of my Win10 PCs yesterday, but I have installation delayed.
                          I have also the download delayed.

—-
                          John

Comment

Hmmm, it wasn't HS3, it was the PC. I see in Task Manager that my uptime is only 22 hours which would put it right about the time of HS3 restart yesterday. However, I don't have any notification that an update was installed, in fact as far as I know, I always get told that the PC needs to restart.

I see security updates were installed yesterday, but I don't see the time of installation. One guess, I guess.

Comment

I'm not running Win 10 and I don't allow auto-updates on the HS server.
                              Dan-O
                              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Working...
                              X