Pushmessages with Responses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushmessages with Responses

I wanted to start this thread to see what might be possible...

Id love to have a message sent to me via various methods (text, pushover, etc) but be able to respond back.

For example,

If i leave and the garage it left open for 5 minutes, send message do you want to close? yes or no.

Is this possible in any way or can it be done?

That would be very nice feature!!

Comment

Yes, could be done with scripts and email.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Pushover supports this. I have a event setup if my alarm system goes off it sends a pushover message with a url link (json) back to HomeSeer that sends me updates to that message to see device status updates. Quick way to see what zone is tripped (ElkM1g) with Ultra’s plugin since which zone is tripped is not exposed in the plugin or alarm panel.

Could setup to url strings for yes no responses. Have only worked out the url to fire a event back to HS for the Elk updates. Could be used for whatever you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Url link fires a HS event to send me additional pushover with window zone status.

Attached Files

Comment

this can be done using push bullet, i will send the word ( list or menu ) to homeseer and i get a reply of what the available commands are.
            send the word horoscope and i get my horoscope sent back to me

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
              Pushover supports this. I have a event setup if my alarm system goes off it sends a pushover message with a url link (json) back to HomeSeer that sends me updates to that message to see device status updates. Quick way to see what zone is tripped (ElkM1g) with Ultra’s plugin since which zone is tripped is not exposed in the plugin or alarm panel.
              Which of Ultra's plugins are you using?

Comment

UltraM1G3.

Comment

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
                  I wanted to start this thread to see what might be possible...

Id love to have a message sent to me via various methods (text, pushover, etc) but be able to respond back.

For example,

If i leave and the garage it left open for 5 minutes, send message do you want to close? yes or no.

Is this possible in any way or can it be done?

the pushbullet plugin does what u want, i have it running and works perfect..
                  its not supported anymore by the dev, but if u want it i can upload it here.
                  Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                  Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Nicest would be using telegram. You can have it push a list of options of which the users needs to select.

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post

Url link fires a HS event to send me additional pushover with window zone status.

Where´s that URL pointed to ? Do you have the HS3 server exposed to the internet to do that ? When you click the link it opens the browser or it opens in pushover ?

Comment

No the url uses myhomeseer url to run an event.

Can post you the sanitized url when I get home. You need the Reference I’d
                        For the event you want to run.

Clicking url opens up a safari window on my iPhone with server response message from HS of Ok. The event I run send me alarm zone status messages via pushover and having the url link option allows me to loop repeat this as needed. Kludgy work around because the Elk Alarm does not show zone status when violated. It gives alarm notification but not which zone so I gather and send them all in a formatted pushover message.

Each pushover message allows me to run events to send additional info or updates info.

Comment

URL is
                          https://connected.homeseer.com/JSON?...unevent&id=118

118 is the id of the HS event i want run when clicked. Can also search forums for example that will turn on a device if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X