Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get power monitor MQTT into HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get power monitor MQTT into HS3?

I'm adding a Sonoff POW R2 to monitor my 3d printer. Got Tasmota flashed and all looks good. Searched the forum for how to add power monitoring using MQTT but nothing is coming up. Is it possible to do this?

There are (at least) two plugins that accept MQTT. You will need one of them. They are mcsMQTT and Big5. I've tested mcsMQTT and it seemed to work fine. Each of them has a forum so you could learn more by spending some time there. Also, you will need a MQTT broker. I installed mosquitto.

Comment

I have both mcsMQTT and TasMQTT I mainly use TasMQTT since I'm using Tasmota firmware.

I'm familiar with setting on/off VD but was wondering how do I create VD that monitor power The Sonoff switch reports the following info. Would be nice to get all those readings into HS

Voltage
      Current
      Power
      Power Factor
      Energy Today
      Energy Yesterday
      Total

Comment

With mcsMQTT it will accept the JSON reported by Tasmota such as the following

Energy/SENSOR = {"Time":"1970-01-01T00:30:14","ENERGY":{"TotalStartTime":"2019-02-23T22:32:45","Total":0.002,"Yesterday":0.000,"Today":0.002," Period":0,"Power":1,"ApparentPower":7,"ReactivePower":7,"Fac tor":0.18,"Voltage":128,"Current":0.056}}

and put each item into separate devices and update these devices as new MQTT messages are received.

I suspect that TasMQTT does not have such provisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          With mcsMQTT it will accept the JSON reported by Tasmota such as the following

Energy/SENSOR = {"Time":"1970-01-01T00:30:14","ENERGY":{"TotalStartTime":"2019-02-23T22:32:45","Total":0.002,"Yesterday":0.000,"Today":0.002," Period":0,"Power":1,"ApparentPower":7,"ReactivePower":7,"Fac tor":0.18,"Voltage":128,"Current":0.056}}

and put each item into separate devices and update these devices as new MQTT messages are received.

I suspect that TasMQTT does not have such provisions.
          Been trying to get this to work on your plugin... my full topic is tele/Ender3/SENSOR/# that I subscribe to on my broker and this is what I get

{"Time":"2019-02-23T17:06:38","ENERGY":{"Total":0.040,"Yesterday":0.027,"Toda y":0.013,"Period":0,"Power":19,"Factor":0.97,"Voltage":11 9," Current":0.166}}

So that's pretty close to what you're having

in your plugin I sub to "tele/Ender3/SENSOR/ENERGY/Power"

I let it create the virtual device but nothing gets updated

Comment

On the Association tab you should see all the Ender3 subtopics listed. Use the A checkbox to associate and create HS devices. In HS you will see the devices being updated. I have two screenshots attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1287514Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1287515

Comment

I must have something not setup properly. The only thing that's showing in the list are those that actually have a device associated or with the "a" checked. The unconfigured sub here.

Comment

scratch the above. Noob mistake. Got the "Show associated" box check.

Comment

Michael, thanks for the help. I've had your plugin for awhile but didn't need (know) all the complexity. Now that I understand how your plugin works, it's amazingly put together. You've already did the hard work, adding things is just a couple clicks away. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X