Fordpass integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

If I was still running the service this would be a simple fix.... Using an OBDII GPS tracker. When the vehicle starts the tracker will send an event for the ignition on sensor. Within Simplex Locate you could setup a sensor and when that sensor became ON send a notification to HS3. HS3 could then accept that data and compare against other things like the garage door state and perform whatever actions are needed.....

However Simplex Locate was shutdown 2/28/19 due to lack of customers which led to lack of funding... it was a good run while it lasted. The premise of the setup still stands but the Op would have to setup his own system that could parse the sensor data from the GPS Tracker and then be able to forward that information to HS3. Traccar is a good DIY system for this...
    I found a company that makes ODBI GPS tracker for Ford models and has an IFTTT interface. But they want $100 for the tracker and I’m assuming a monthly fee of some sort .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

He did say it was his wife.
      Happy wife....happy life.....so they say.

Comment

So, my wife talked to her friends at work and they also asked her why is she starting her car in the garage, “cuz that’s dangerous”. Apparently her friends know more than I do

Anyways, no longer need figure this out.

Although I do like the idea of not allowing a remote start while the car is in the garage. Maybe I’ll just put a FirstAlert ZWave carbon monoxide detector in the garage and let it make that annoying beeping sound when it detects CO....

Comment

So my position on this is that I believe the increase use of starters is heading us in the wrong direction with respect to emissions and green house gases. I cringe when I see cars being started in parking lots. In my honest opinion this is low hanging fruit for governments to legislate rather than taxing us with carbon taxes. I know I sound like a "Greenie", but think about it. With today's cars, it is proven that this isn't necessary anymore and in fact actually does damage to the engine and cylinder walls. As people upgrade their vehicles, this will become a standard feature which is even progressing further damage with respect to emissions and CO2. Believe it or not, but if it's bad in your garage, it can't be good for the planet.
          My apologies for sounding offensive and like a "Greenie" but we all need to do what we can to reduce our impact on the environment where possible while not discounting the necessity of fossil fuels.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            So my position on this is that I believe the increase use of starters is heading us in the wrong direction with respect to emissions and green house gases. I cringe when I see cars being started in parking lots. In my honest opinion this is low hanging fruit for governments to legislate rather than taxing us with carbon taxes. I know I sound like a "Greenie", but think about it. With today's cars, it is proven that this isn't necessary anymore and in fact actually does damage to the engine and cylinder walls. As people upgrade their vehicles, this will become a standard feature which is even progressing further damage with respect to emissions and CO2. Believe it or not, but if it's bad in your garage, it can't be good for the planet.
            My apologies for sounding offensive and like a "Greenie" but we all need to do what we can to reduce our impact on the environment where possible while not discounting the necessity of fossil fuels.

Robert
            I totally agree which is why I rarely warm up my truck when it is cold outside. The only time I do so is if I need to bring something that needs to stay warm. I just dress appropriately for the outside conditions. I see so many people leaving their vehicles idle even when it is above freezing. People are becoming too “soft” and just because we can, doesn’t mean we should. I lived in the far north of Alberta for 15+ years and now in Calgary and have always parked outside and never had a remote start on any vehicle I have owned.
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

Robert
              One reason why you’ll see electric vehicles become more popular and eventually become the primary drivetrain. Gasoline engines in cars will become a thing of the past.

Actually, car ownership will become a thing of the past. Especially when self driving vehicles become mainstream. With the pending launch of 5G which will allow 1ms or less deterministic update rates between devices, self driving cars will be able to communicate faster between each other thus making it much safer and easier to implement the technology.

If you own a car it’s approximately 10% productive and 90% unproductive. It sits in your driveway or garage most of the time. When self driving cars are mainstream people will just “order a ride” or buy into a “car share” program. It will be cheaper than owning a car. Car ownership will be for the wealthy.

Comment

Good call on the First Alert Smoke & CO, I just did the same thing all through the house now that I'v had Z-Wave for a little over a year.

I don't have much of a choice with warming my truck up. It won't fit in our garage and we get snow here, lots of snow (and frost & ice)
                It would be impossible, and illegal for me to jump in and start driving within 30 seconds of a start many days of the winter here.
                I don't pre-warm it if there isn't snow or ice and I rarely cool it down, reserving that for the 3 days a year that it's mid-90's with a heat index in the triple digits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                  Good call on the First Alert Smoke & CO, I just did the same thing all through the house now that I'v had Z-Wave for a little over a year.

I don't have much of a choice with warming my truck up. It won't fit in our garage and we get snow here, lots of snow (and frost & ice)
                  It would be impossible, and illegal for me to jump in and start driving within 30 seconds of a start many days of the winter here.
                  I don't pre-warm it if there isn't snow or ice and I rarely cool it down, reserving that for the 3 days a year that it's mid-90's with a heat index in the triple digits.
                  Lots of snow and ice here too. That's what ice scrapers and snow brushes are for . If there's is a lot of snow/ice, I start it first, then brush off the snow and scrape of any ice on the windows, and by the time I'm done that, I'm ready to go. Usually a minute or two max.
                  HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

BTW, if you read the fine print in smoke/CO detectors, they generally don't recommend putting them in the same rooms as sources of CO, such as garage or gas heat furnaces. Probably because it would generate false alarms for low CO levels (but those same CO levels in another room would mean trouble). For example, the ZCOMBO actually says not to put it in the garage:

http://www.brkelectronics.com/pdfs/2...5/ddd7cbed.pdf

Below is quote from manual:

"DO NOT LOCATE THIS SMOKE/CO ALARM:
                    • In garages, furnace rooms, crawl spaces and unfinished attics.

Avoid extremely dusty, dirty or greasy areas.

• Where combustion particles are produced. Combustion particles form when something burns. Areas to avoid include poorly ventilated kitchens, garages, and furnace rooms.
                    "

Comment

I've got it covered all over our house.
                      We're up to 7 Smoke & CO detectors.

sparkman when I say snow, I mean many times a base of ice and them 8-12" on top of that (or more)
                      There's no way that I can clean off my F150 without extra 'thawing' time.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                        BTW, if you read the fine print in smoke/CO detectors, they generally don't recommend putting them in the same rooms as sources of CO, such as garage or gas heat furnaces. Probably because it would generate false alarms for low CO levels (but those same CO levels in another room would mean trouble). For example, the ZCOMBO actually says not to put it in the garage:

http://www.brkelectronics.com/pdfs/2...5/ddd7cbed.pdf

Below is quote from manual:

"DO NOT LOCATE THIS SMOKE/CO ALARM:
                        • In garages, furnace rooms, crawl spaces and unfinished attics.

Avoid extremely dusty, dirty or greasy areas.

• Where combustion particles are produced. Combustion particles form when something burns. Areas to avoid include poorly ventilated kitchens, garages, and furnace rooms.
                        "
                        Yes, i read that as well, but i did not head the warning. I put one in my furnace room. So far, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                          I've got it covered all over our house.
                          We're up to 7 Smoke & CO detectors.

sparkman when I say snow, I mean many times a base of ice and them 8-12" on top of that (or more)
                          There's no way that I can clean off my F150 without extra 'thawing' time.
                          9 in my house

Comment

Working...
                          X