Cant Install HS3 on HomeTroller S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Install HS3 on HomeTroller S3

Hello, I was able to find the the SP3 image and upgrade my HomeTroller to install HS3 Pro, finally after buying it 3 years ago... LOL...

Downloaded the installer from homeseer.com/current-downloads.com

The installer fails because Dot Net 4 is not installed yet it wont ask me to install it. When I go to the MS site from the HomeTroller, the page wont load yet the same page will load fine on my computer. I tried downloading it from my computer and then transfer it via USB but the install fails too...

I did a quick search and I don't see other people with a recent inquiry like mine. I see some older posts but didn't find any solution. I am sure I am missing a small step but I am following the quick start guide here: https://www.homeseer.com/guides/Home...tart-Guide.pdf

I am not sure what else I can do...

Thanks for the help!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

You should be able to download the full installer from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=17718. If you can’t reach it from that system you should be able to download it elsewhere and copy it over. Note that many plugins require .NET 4.5 or later so you may be limited in what plugins you can run. That’s the primary reason why I migrated from XP to W7 a few years ago.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply! The issue is that the HomeTroller only runs XP. I know the new versions run some other embedded Windows version but for the 1200 bucks I spent, I need to keep this box going as long as possible. Plus, the HomeTroller takes almost no power and it is silent, which I like.

Are you saying that I wont be able to run DOT net 4.5 on the HomeTroller at all?

Also, why did the installer not install Dot Net for me like it says it will in the quick start guide?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
        Are you saying that I wont be able to run DOT net 4.5 on the HomeTroller at all?

Also, why did the installer not install Dot Net for me like it says it will in the quick start guide?
        Correct, 4.5 is not compatible with XP. Not sure why the HS installer did not automatically install v4 of .NET.

Comment

Thanks again for the reply.

So how do people with older hometrollers with paid HS3pro licences get to use these new plugins ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
            Thanks again for the reply.

So how do people with older hometrollers with paid HS3pro licences get to use these new plugins ?
            The simple answer is that they don't get to use them. As I mentioned earlier, I replaced my XP based system (custom PC, not a hometroller) with a new W7 based one, primarily so that I could run some of those plugins.

Comment

You could reuse the HS3pro license on a new system - Windows 10 or Linux, for that matter.

Comment

Working...
              X