log page doesn't load. Just shows "error"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

log page doesn't load. Just shows "error"

tried to open the log but the page just say "error" at the top left corner. Tried restarting a few times no luck. How do I fix this?

Probably need a bit more info. Are you accessing it locally from the same subnet or remotely? What is the url for the log page that is showing and what is the error message? What error? do other pages like devices or events work? Is this windows based HS3 or a Linux system?
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
      Probably need a bit more info. Are you accessing it locally from the same subnet or remotely? What is the url for the log page that is showing and what is the error message? What error? do other pages like devices or events work? Is this windows based HS3 or a Linux system?
      I'm accessing it on the same machine that it's installed on. Simply click on "view->log" as I normally do. Error attached below.

Code:
       [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"]HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500 (Windows)[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: right"]HomeSeer:[/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"]Is Registered[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: right"]Operating System:[/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"]Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: right"]OS Version:[/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"]10.0.17134 Service Pack: 0.0[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: right"]System Uptime:[/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"]0 Days 12 Hours 8 Minutes 20 Seconds[/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_89.png
Views:	135
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1292602

Comment

I'm a linux guy so won't be much help. port 82 does seem weird to me though. Do the other pages like events show port 82 in the url?

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML

Comment

Is this a saved link or are you already on a HS system page and picking log from the menu?

Comment

I'd shut down HomeSeer, go to the Logs sub-directory and then rename HomeSeerLog.hsd to HomeSeerLog.hsd.bak and then restart HS.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              I'd shut down HomeSeer, go to the Logs sub-directory and then rename HomeSeerLog.hsd to HomeSeerLog.hsd.bak and then restart HS.
              This fixed the issue. Thank you

Comment

Weird, the problem came back again.

What I also noticed was some of my lights are dimming on and off on its own whenever this error happens.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                  Weird, the problem came back again.

What I also noticed was some of my lights are dimming on and off on its own whenever this error happens.
                  Make sure you have a good backup. Wondering if your disk drive is getting some corruption. How big did the log file get?
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

the problem hasn't come back since I delete it again since my last post. File is at 50,000KB not big at all. I have mutliple backups. Don't think my disk is bad, I use this same computer as my daily driver as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X