Linked Devices Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Devices Help

I can't find anything in the help file, nor in this forum, about how the linked device feature works. Can you link only on/off devices? Any controllable device? It doesn't work with status devices? Do you set the link at the source device, which then controls the linkee (controlled device), or the other way around?
    Mark

No documentation is what I found. I can only give you my experience, good and bad and hope it helps a little:
    1) I think it works on like devices but might link in "On" to any device that can except an "On"--experiment!
    2) Set the link in the "initiator" device and it is only one-way.
    3) You can also set it in the "receiving" device to another device or back to the "initiator" without causing a run-away loop
    4) Example: I have two dimmers WD-100's which are linked to each other. an action on either is reflected in the other(on-off-dim)
    5) Negative comment about above example: There can be an annoying delay if you have reasonable ramp rates set in the WD-100, BECAUSE the first device to receive the action has to completely finish it's transition to the final state before the linking action starts to control the linked device.

Comment

Check out Mark's video on Device Linking:

Jon

Comment

Thanks guys, that helps a lot. I was hoping you could link more than on-off-dim devices.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X