No announcement yet.

HS3Pro always has a lag in both Windows 10 and Server 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simplextech, Yes went through all the USB ports front and back and all the same issue.

lveatch, anyway to track it and see if there is a device doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Integraoligist View Post
      simplextech, Yes went through all the USB ports front and back and all the same issue.

Have you opened a ticket with support?

I'm thinking it could be a bad z-wave device or bad USB stick. Unfortunately with a bad z-wave device it's a trial by elimination until you find the bad device unless you have a z-wave RF scanner tool like the CIT or Z-Wave Toolbox.

https://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/s...z-wave-toolbox

It's a hefty price tag to find a rogue device though.

If it's the SmartStick+ that's bad maybe you could get a loaner from HomeSeer? to verify/validate or there's always a 30 day return with Amazon....

Comment

Originally posted by Integraoligist View Post

What does your Zwave plugin page say (click on Zwave link on the left in the Plugin page)
        Post it so we can see it.

Also, you might turn on the Debug for a short while to see if there are any clues there.

Z

Comment

I know for me my homeseer system is central in the house with a similar number of devices. I get better results by placing the zstick on a USB extension and mounted it to the side of one of my monitors near the top. I get better results that way mostly because of the schlage locks I have. I have also recently tweaked my power profile to run on the default balanced profile to try to lower the electric bill a little and have noticed no delays. Have you backed up and reloaded homeseer? Based on what you have said and what my experience has been it doesn't sound like a resource issue. Homeseer generally needs very little system resources to run and even with tweaked power saving mode on the PC should be fine. That being said I have had random issues with homeseer mostly relating to third party plugins that has required me to reload homeseer 2-3 times in the last couple of years...

Comment

I have 20 plugins, numerous scripts, about a dozen X-10 devices, about a dozen ZigBee devices and about 20 Z-wave devices. My Win2k16 system has 4 GB of ram and I run my e-mail server on it as well 24x7. I've also had uptimes greater than 60 days before any MS updates. CPU is loaded at about 5 or 6% and any device actions are immediate. One difference is that I use a Z-Net device. So depending on the number of Z-wave nodes you have and hops, this could explain why you have lag. Currently running HS3 v3.0.0.531 as a service using Fire Daemon, but I doubt that this would make any difference...
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

simplextech, yes i sent this into support months ago and never heard anything back. I'll try it again shortly. I'll go ahead and order another Zwavestick+ and replace the current one to see if that fixes the issue. I wonder, can I have 2 of the sticks on the system at the same time? One at the server location (which is pretty much center of the house but off to one side by about 10'.... then use a powered USB extension (which i've used for POS systems up to 50') and move it to the other side of the house? Will they both work together on the same server? They need to get that CIT or Toolbox on Amazon so we can "test" it's effectiveness

vasrc, here is a copy of that page... it's constantly changing IDs at the bottom of the page. Is that normal? I'm talking every second the page shifts the the IDs at the bottom change.

Log send and receive device information to the HomeSeer log

Enable Detailed Debug logging to file (Do not enable unless instructed by tech support, this will use a lot of disk space)
              Enable Polling
              Send Timeout (seconds):
              Uptime: 23 Hours, 10 Minutes, 4 Seconds
              Network CF9C0063
              CF9C0063
              Node ID: 1
              # Nodes: 52
              CMD Q: 0 Poll Q: 0 WakeUp Q: 0 TX Q: (empty) Frames In: Total=44191, MGD=9 Report Buff: 13
              Thread Info:

Id: 692, Time: 00:00:00.0312500, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 976, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 980, Time: 00:00:00.0312500, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 356, Time: 00:00:00.7968750, State: Running, Name: -
              Id: 1908, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 472, Time: 00:00:00.6562500, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 1076, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 1072, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 3372, Time: 00:00:00.5625000, State: Wait, Name: (ZWaveSaveItem)_10-Jul-2019 13:56:49.35549753
              Id: 1312, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 1316, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 1396, Time: 00:00:00.5468750, State: Wait, Name: ZWave_Receive_Thread_ZWStick
              Id: 4156, Time: 00:00:00.0156250, State: Wait, Name: (System)_Z-Wave Commands_ZWStick_10-Jul-2019 13:56:50.10507943
              Id: 1584, Time: 00:00:05.0625000, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 4328, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: (System)_10-Jul-2019 13:56:50.2299975_Z-Wave_API_Commands_ZWStick
              Id: 1824, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: ZWave_Frame_Thread_ZWStick
              Id: 2220, Time: 00:00:00.0156250, State: Wait, Name: ApplicationCommandHandler_ZWStick_10-Jul-2019 13:56:51.32306308
              Id: 4812, Time: 00:00:01.3906250, State: Wait, Name: NodeChangeEvent Thread
              Id: 3804, Time: 00:00:00.0468750, State: Wait, Name: (System)_10-Jul-2019 13:57:20.15669441_Z-Wave Polling
              Id: 3640, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: (System)_10-Jul-2019 13:59:30.89792176_WakeUp_Processing
              Id: 2936, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 1168, Time: 00:00:00.2031250, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 4140, Time: 00:00:00.1875000, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 2780, Time: 00:00:00.0781250, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 2268, Time: 00:00:00.1093750, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 912, Time: 00:00:00.1250000, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 3544, Time: 00:00:00.0312500, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 2260, Time: 00:00:00.0312500, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 4968, Time: 00:00:00.0468750, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 792, Time: 00:00:00.0156250, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 4776, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 3008, Time: 00:00:00.0156250, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 188, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 1464, Time: 00:00:00.0156250, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 3604, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 1188, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 3412, Time: 00:00:00.0156250, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 2504, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 2064, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 544, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 3400, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -
              Id: 600, Time: 00:00:00, State: Wait, Name: -

Dweber85rc, yes i've backed up and reloaded HS multiple times... and I was just thinking about adding a 2nd Stick+ devices with a USB extension... so there would be 2 sticks on the same server, if that works.

langenet, I ONLY have Zwave devices, nothing else... and only use the Z-Wave plugin. I would assume other then the amount of zwave devices I have that this is a pretty simple type of system. As for your Z-Net usage... as I mentioned above, I wonder if having 2 or even more Stick+ devices plugged into the server station but ran around the home, would help the issue? They way everything would have a direct connection. But I'm not sure if you can have more the 1 stick on a server at a time... of if we have to get a Z-net to add another "station".

Comment

You can run multiple USB sticks but they would not be what you're currently thinking/expecting. You would have to run the second as either a secondary controller or as a primary for a NEW z-wave network. Also a 50' cable would not work. If you want distance you need to look at getting a Z-Net they are great actually and by themselves have excellent range.

Comment

The znets I've read, have the same zwave chipset and antenna so in theory range would be no different. Now I don't have one so your mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
                    The znets I've read, have the same zwave chipset and antenna so in theory range would be no different. Now I don't have one so your mileage may vary.
                    Are you comparing the z-net to the SmartStick+ USB?

The chipset may be the same but the antenna's power are vastly different from my experience with both of them.

The Z-Net is network attached which allows you to place it wherever you have network (cable or wifi) to avoid the "long USB cable" scenario and to be able to cover much more SQ footage with multiple controllers while keeping the server in a centralized location. I for one don't want my server sitting in my living room.

Comment

Oke, i will add my experience here too.
                      Overall my system have no lag. Sometimes it do has lag but i think it's more due a piece of code that isn't in memory anymore and needed to be reload.
                      Having said that, lately i do experience more often lag and my audio isn't coming through form time to time. Well, i hear the radio playing for some time but after 10 minutes it went off again, I will spare you the nasty details of pinpointing this erratic behavior but all was due to my monitor going to sleep after 10 minutes. So what has my monitor to do with my sound card. Nothing i would guess. However this all happened after i recieved the Win10 v1903 update.
                      I know you haven't activated any power saving options but i just want to mention that an update might get you into some weird effects.
                      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

I have a new Stick+ coming tomorrow and i'll replace my current one to test it out to see if that's the issue. Something tells me it won't change anything. But fingers crossed it fixes it all.

IF it doesn't, I think I want to try putting the system on maybe a Raspberry Pi system? I was looking at the Zee2 but seeing as I already have HS3Pro and the Stick+, couldn't I just get a Raspberry Pi board (2, 3, or 4 version) and install HS3Pro onto it? Or do I need to buy the HS3 Pi software to go on it? From what I've read, Pi doesn't have a million processes running in the background and updates every week causing random issues like Windows, It looks like it's simple and straight forward and once it's setup your done with it, no more jacking around. Is this correct?

Thanks again all!

Comment

So I have a NEW ZW Stick+. I backed up the system and have been trying every which way to install it and replace the original Stick+ but I can NOT get the "network" of nodes to transfer to the new sticks network. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this so I can test this new Stick+ out?

In the mean time, I was able to pull an old PC out and wipe it, installed Windows 10 Pro 1903 on it. Changed all the power management on it so it never shuts anything off. I then installed HS3 and copied the entire HS3 folder over from the 2016 server to the new Win10 system. I then moved the old Stick+ over to it and have the Win10 system operational. And after testing it for a day, nope, I'm still having all the same issues with lag and not being able to connect to a couple of devices without Full Optimizing a million times.

So it looks like Server 2016 is NOT the issue. So it's either the Stick+, a random Node causing the issues, or something else that I have no idea on.

Thoughts?
                          Thanks again all!

Comment

This should otherwise be a simple process. If you're having problems you need to contact support directly. Call them.

1. Backup existing SmartStick+
                            2. Remove USB stick
                            3. Plug in new USB stick
                            4. Restore the network to the new stick
                            5. Restart z-wave plugin just to check things

If there is any problem in that sequence CALL HS Support.

Comment

Working...
                            X