No announcement yet.

Killing CPU Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still normal time + value and memory ? ( for hs process)

It is hard for me to know what is ''normal'' because I did reboot my server every day ( i think ) in the last months...because i tried a couple of things. All i know is that the memory used by HS3 is going up.
    Attached Files

Comment

At the same time , Plex transcoder go up really fast. Plex transcoder is surely intense on resources sometimes.

So...I do not know If 1h of time + is a lot or not after 1 days of usage.
      Attached Files

Comment

My primary system (Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit) currently has 19h after about 1.5 days, memory is around 250M. My second system (RPi3) is at 12h after 2.5 days. So 1h after a day does not seem high. I am currently running beta HS3 .528 on both systems.

Comment

now i feel I was paranoid haha.

Thanks bdickhaus

Comment

OK,
            I am using lastest stable mono 5.18.1 Stable (5.18.1.0)

That seems to be a memory leak to me ?... rjh
            Attached Files

Comment

Last one.. I had to restart my system. Because a z wave issue. I do not think this is normal..

edit: Installed bl garbage plugin. To cope with this issue until the leak is found.
              Attached Files

Comment

I can say with 100% certainty that if you install HS fresh and just run it, it does not leak. We have over dozen systems running here and we don't see any leaks (Windows and Linux). So what this means is that there is something on your system causing the leak and I cannot fix it until I can re-create it. So I need your help to do the following:

* Disable all plugins, does it still leak? If not, its a plugin, enable each one until the leak comes back
                * If it still leaks with all plugins disabled, disable all your events (you can do this in HS Setup). If the leak stops, enable each event until the leak comes back. Note if an event runs a script, it could be a script causing the leak.
                * if it still leaks when plugins are disabled and events are disabled, then its probably an operating system issue and its worth trying your config on a different system. A corrupt OS can cause a leak.

I understand that the above process is a real pain, but its the only way to figure out where the leak is.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ok thanks rjh. I will continue the chat here

Comment

Working...
                  X