Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is HomeSeer Plugin Development Dead and is the term HS3 "PRO" is dead too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is HomeSeer Plugin Development Dead and is the term HS3 "PRO" is dead too.

Today looking at the updates, I noticed a change to HomeSeer Plugin and that almost all of their plugin have been reallocate to "Legacy (these plug-ins are no longer supported)". Effectively as I read this, it means that HST are only support the DSC, z-wave and zigbee plugins and one of the so marketed selling points for the Pro has been retired or more importantly been downgraded and on their website still stating is misrepresenting.
    • Professional Edition HS3 Smart Home Software Includes HS3Touch Designer, Z-Flash, Z-Seer+ & All HomeSeer-Branded Software Plug-ins (drivers)
    I know it has been asked several time by new users should they upgraded or by the Pro version, and I think HST can now say they is really no benefits to buying PRO

Pro is just a bundle. If you want to use Z-Seer and plan to design custom screens for your clients instead of using just a bunch of boxes. Then yes Pro has an advantage.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I appreciate the bundle marketing as a beneficial savings based on what they originally packaged in the bundle and I actually have multiple Pro licenses; however, the premise was based on HST which they appear to be slowly moving a large number of their plug ins to “no longer supported” which consequently corresponded with the recent email stating the increase in price of HS Touch.

So for the normal buyer, there is limited use in purchasing the Pro unless they intend to buy HS Touch which is now going to be more expensive then HS3 itself.

Comment

Exactly and might be why the price increase to HS Touch, makes pro look even better if they keep the price of pro the same
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML

Comment

Some math:

1. Buy hstouch 1/2 the price= $150 ( could be $100 right now)
          2. Buy hs3 1/2 the price =$125
          3. Buy the z utilities at at a discount= $60 max

Hs3 pro at haft the price = $300
          hs3 + 1 +2 +3 = $335 ( could be $285)

-----

1. Buy hstouch full price = $300 ( was $200 before)
          2. Buy hs3 full price =$250
          3. Buy the z utilities = $80

Hs3 pro = $600
          hs3 + 1 +2 +3 = $630 ( could have been $530 before)

-----

Did i miss something? Honestly... I have the pro... but ...lol

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
            the premise was based on HST which they appear to be slowly moving to “no longer supported” which consequently corresponded with the recent email stating the increase in price of HS Touch.
            Not sure to understand. How a price increase can predict a ''no lounger supported'' product?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
              Not sure to understand. How a price increase can predict a ''no lounger supported'' product?
              HST marketing for HS3 Pro bundle included All HST plug-ins, plus licensing of their add ons products.

HST recently changed the majority of their plugins, which is part of the original bundle sale pitch to being unsupported and consequently at the same time increases the HST Touch price.

I see the increase HS Touch whilst the legacy plugins become unsupported as an offset to justify the PRO total bundle price.

Most of the Homeseer users probably do not not utilise or require HS Touch and without needing this and their limited plugins, the PRO is really not cost effective.

Comment

Nobody is arguing the point that if you don't plan to use HS Touch and HS Mobile is good enough, then you should buy a regular HS license. What we are wondering is how you got HS Touch is dead from a price increase and recent updates to the program.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                  Nobody is arguing the point that if you don't plan to use HS Touch and HS Mobile is good enough, then you should buy a regular HS license. What we are wondering is how you got HS Touch is dead from a price increase and recent updates to the program.
                  I haven’t stated HS Touch is dead at all. I stated the price increase in HS Touch correlation to a large number of HST plugins becoming “unsupported”. Therefore maintaining the justification of the PRO price point.

Comment

HST have indicated separately that they are still developing HS4 and a new HS Touch interface but currently there is very little information forthcoming.

Comment

Ok, sorry read more into the statement than you meant

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                        Ok, sorry read more into the statement than you meant
                        No dramas. It Is very easy to do. 😆. I have no doubt if users are using the plugins that have transitioned to unsupported I bet they might read more into it too.

I do look forward to what HST will be offering in the future

Comment

Working...
                        X