Z-Stick Factory Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Stick Factory Reset

Does anybody know how to force a factory reset on an Aeon Labs Z-Stick Controller?

The Z-Stick instructions say "This must be done through the host software which takes control of the Z-Stick whilst it is in SerilAPI mode", which is HS3.

There is a 'Restart THIS controller' option under 'Actions' on on the Z-Wave Conroller plug-in page. But this restarts the Z-Stick (as you'd expect) but does not Reset (as in factory reset).

The reason for a full reset is to clear out node information of all the defunct and failed Z-wave devices which are cluttering in up. The Z-Stick has been in continuous use for over 10 years now and it's very reliable, but it does now contain rather a lot of redundant data.

Any knowledge or thoughts out there? Thanks in anticipation.

Try this.. Just quick Google. Hopefully it will help.

1. Reset the dongle

To reset all of your Z-Stick’s settings to their factory defaults:
    • Unplug the Z-Stick from the USB connector and
    • Press and hold the Reset Button, the LED will become red, then blink faster and faster then stop blinking for 2 seconds then the blue LED will solid for 2 seconds as confirmation. All of this takes between 20 and 30 seconds.

At some stage, you may wish to reset all of your Z-Stick’s settings to their factory defaults. To do this, press and hold the Reset Button for 20 seconds and then release it. The Z-Stick will now be reset to its original settings, and the blue LED will solid for 2 seconds as confirmation. Need to note that this procedure should only be used when the primary controller is inoperable. The Z-Stick also can be reset to the factory defaults settings via the host software. To do this, the host software must take control of the Z-Stick USB adapter while the Z-Stick is in SerialAPI-Mode. Please consult the instruction manual of the host software to perform a network reset (i.e. factory reset on the Z-Stick)

Comment

Thanks Charles - I had seen that on Google, but in the second part, it says to only use the 'hard' reset when the stick has become inoperable (which it hasn't). That paragraph also states, "To do this, the host software must take control of the Z-Stick USB adapter while the Z-Stick is in SerialAPI-Mode. Please consult the instruction manual of the host software to perform a network reset (i.e. factory reset on the Z-Stick)", and so I was wondering how to do this from HS3, it it can be done.

Comment

Working...
      X