No announcement yet.

I did it! What the heck do I do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there is a room with 15 switches in this house. It's basement rec room. I tried to turn all switches on and off using Set All Devices in EasyTrigger without any delay. What would happen is that lights would start turning OFF one by one as expected but then it would stop leaving 2 or 4 switched still ON. After 15 or 20 seconds delay (just guessing) the rest would turn OFF. I would expect them to turn off one by one with somewhat consistent rate.

Not sure how to troubleshoot what causes this delay and I did not try it anymore as I thought it was limitation of the system. That said if the system stalls like that and everything is done in a series it will delay everything else, right? Conditions like "if the switch has been of exactly for 2 min" can be missed if it falls within this 15-20 secs pause.

I have fully optimized the network and switches (HS-WS200+) are pretty close to z-wave interface. I was going to try to add a little bit of delay between turning off each device to see if that will improve things.

Is that delay sign of some possible problem outside of z-wave or Homeseer limitation?

Comment

What type of system is HomeSeer running on? CPU/Memory?

The leaving some on and the 15/20 second delay is not normal though. Things won't be missed if other things are running but "should" be added to the queue by which they will be delayed but the queue should process much quicker than what you are reporting.

Comment

It is i7 CPU with 8gb RAM on win10 PRO.. I don't think the hardware is the issue. That should be more than enough and there is nothing else running at this point.
        I will try to do more testing to see if that delay is every time on the same switch etc. I did not really mess with that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
          It is i7 CPU with 8gb RAM on win10 PRO.. I don't think the hardware is the issue. That should be more than enough and there is nothing else running at this point.
          I will try to do more testing to see if that delay is every time on the same switch etc. I did not really mess with that much.
          One switch? Start the test group small and add to it and when it starts being very slow note the switch that is having a problem, remove it from your event/test and continue and record any other slow switches. Then go back to the "slow" switches and perform a full optimize on that individual switch. Then wash, rinse, repeat.

Comment

That sounds like a plan. Thanks. :-) I will report back. It is customers house but I should be able to do some troubleshooting early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
              That sounds like a plan. Thanks. :-) I will report back. It is customers house but I should be able to do some troubleshooting early next week.
              Oh the fun of customers

If it's a couple switches that are "acting slow" it could be a routing issue with them specifically or worst case they could be bad switches. You tipped me off when you made the mention of the of "see if that delay is every time on the same switch".

Comment

It's customer/family. 😊 I did not test it enough to be certain. I turned all lights ON and OFF just couple of times but I think it got delayed on specific section of recessed lights. It might have been coincidence. Definitely more testing is need. 👍

Comment

Working...
                X