No announcement yet.

HS3 High CPU .500 and up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a test I loaded my HS3 on a W7 laptop a few days back and loaded version .500 and it's been up a little over 9 days and the CPU usage is hovering around 6-8% on average. This is along with running HS3, the Z-Wave plugin, BLRF, CPS Tuya, Sonos, UltraGCIR3 and the X10 plugins. I do not run any anti-virus software nor any other packages on this laptop. If the OP loads a blank config file do you see this issue?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I do not know why this is like that but there were two posts

Attached Files

Comment

Linux servers are all:
        uname -a
        Linux BTPro_HS3Lite 4.18.0-25-generic #26~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 27 07:28:31 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

mono -V
        Mono JIT compiler version 6.0.0.313 (tarball Sun Jul 14 09:57:59 UTC 2019)

HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.534 (Linux)

Here is HTOP when initially started day 1.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hs3lite day1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	1318267

And HTOP after 4 days.

Not paying much attention and do notice any slow downs at this time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hs3lite day4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	1318268

xxx
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          Is the high cpu usage maintained in time? Or are they just spikes?
          For me once it happens, it Stays high forever, until my system crashes due to temperature.

I trioed stopping plugings and hstouch upon the occurrence, but it stil stays high, and no scripts are running at that moment. Only way to resolve is to restart Homeseer (NOT the server).

I am now looking into the TIMERS, as Ralf mentioned

for clarification I run Win10 64 bit (1903 atm, but also happening on Win10 build before 1903)

I also contacted HS3 support and the only tip they gave was disabling antivirus (Windows defender, but I already have exclusions on all HS3 related stuff)
          Regards Bart
          ------------------------------------------
          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
          HSPRO 3.
          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I get same problem sometimes (on Win10). And ZWave plugin is sitting at 25%. Terrible. I don't use any timers.

Comment

glad this gets attention. I can confirm it are spikes, at least in my case. In generally HS works great. but the cause I don't know. HS should handle the timers as I would use them. and it can as the system is "idle". but for example opening eventgroups what takes a lot of cpu, then the system is messing up.

btw. programming around the timers reduced the cpu usage for me in general with somewhere around 15%. now the cpu usage is somewhere around 10-15% in "idle" mode.

hopefully a solution is coming. I use a win 10 system only for HS. no other software besides some small software for HS and VPN. everything standard expect that I have prioritized all processes with HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralfmen View Post
                glad this gets attention. I can confirm it are spikes, at least in my case. In generally HS works great. but the cause I don't know. HS should handle the timers as I would use them. and it can as the system is "idle". but for example opening eventgroups what takes a lot of cpu, then the system is messing up.

btw. programming around the timers reduced the cpu usage for me in general with somewhere around 15%. now the cpu usage is somewhere around 10-15% in "idle" mode.

hopefully a solution is coming. I use a win 10 system only for HS. no other software besides some small software for HS and VPN. everything standard expect that I have prioritized all processes with HS.
                Just to in my case its not only spikes, the HS3 process randomly starts using lits of CPU but wont come down anymore. even if I disable all the plugins and hstouch when this occurs. HS3.exe keeps on this high CPU usage until I restart hs3.exe
                Regards Bart
                HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

UPDATE: It happenned again, after 24 hours.

This time Windows defender was disabled with policys, so we can rule out the virusscanner. I also monitored the events with TensHSevents, but the qeue wasnt the issue either, i got a max of 50 at that moment. Disabling HSTouch, all plugins, stopping timers etc, would also not stop HS3.exe from using the cpu. SO i really dont know what is causing this.

I created a dump file of HS3.exe maybe rich can take a look at it? or point me/us in the right direction. FYI i also mailed HS support again.
                  Regards Bart
                  HSPRO 3.

Comment

if HS3.exe is showing the spike, my guess is that you have a rogue event or maybe a 'partial' event created that is running away with the CPU.
                    Now, tracking that down, I dont know how you would do that. You have a lot of events, so it would be crazy tedious.
                    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

I used Jon00 eventtool. but no broken events, and then it should also show up in the log, or it should be an event which has no event logging enabled. next to that this night it happened again and this morning it was still using 60% CPU ( 90-95% total due to blueiris steady at 30%) and this says the HS3 about info about queues and running events;

Number of Devices: 1581
                      Number of Events: 854
                      Available Threads: 398
                      HSTouch Enabled: True
                      Event Threads: 6
                      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                      Device Exec Queue: 0
                      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                      Regards Bart
                      HSPRO 3.

Comment

I get same problem sometimes - no obvious reason, not many events (I'm using AKSmartDevice plugin instead) But I'm using BLCpuAdviser to receive notification when CPU goes above 50% and it happens often. After reboot CPU goes to about 3%...

Comment

Just started seeing same thing. Went to Win 10 and now version .538 I was also seeing high cpu in hspi_zwave and raised the pool failure limit to 4 (from 2) an it reduced _zwave down to minor values.

Any ideas to try?

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                            Just started seeing same thing. Went to Win 10 and now version .538 I was also seeing high cpu in hspi_zwave and raised the pool failure limit to 4 (from 2) an it reduced _zwave down to minor values.

Any ideas to try?
                            You can take a look at your timers, for me this was not the problem.

I still encounter a needed hs3 reboot every 2-3 days

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
                            Regards Bart
                            HSPRO 3.

Comment

I also now have to reboot every few days. When I try to close HomeSeer it takes a long time and I end up having to kill HomeSeer via Windows 10 task manager. At that time all plugins are terminated and HomeSeer runs 100% cpu.

Comment

yup still happening here, on which version and OS are you?
                                Regards Bart
                                HSPRO 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X