Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 High CPU .500 and up

Hi,

I have an issue sionce v.500 and versions up (now on .528) with the CPU uisage of the HS3.exe. its not slowly creeping up, but after somedays i find my system using 100% CPU and slowing down. It is not one of the plugings, but its purely the HS3 exe. Any idea, see attached CPU graph, where it happenned 2 times in several dayts? Never had this issue before.

regards

Bart
    Attached Files
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSTouch 100%.PNG
Views:	566
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1299464
    Somewhat similarly, since upgrading to HS 3.0.0.528, just opening HSTouch on the HS3 computer causes the CPU to peg out at 100%.

Comment

mine is purely based on hs3.exe, I run hstouch on separate windows panels
      Regards Bart
      HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Still having these issues with the latest release, anyone else experience the same?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
        Regards Bart
        HSPRO 3.

Comment

Updated two HS3 computers to V531 in Linux.

Here do not see Homeseer touch in the HS3 for Linux using HTop.

That written do you still have HSPI_*.exe homeseer touch in the root directory of Homeseer.

If you do remove it as HSTouch is incorporated now in to Homeseer.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thsts removed and running on win64x

Regards Bart
            HSPRO 3.

Comment

That is odd that you see Homeser Touch running as a separate task in task manager.

Here as a test started HS3 V531 on Windows 7 and enabled Homeseer touch and do not see it running as a separate task in Windows task viewer.

- Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ahhh...now see that you are running the Homeseer 3 touch client on this computer....which is separate from Homeseer 3.

I thought it was homeseer touch server.

Apologies.

OK so looked at the task manager of one of my Homeseer 3 Homeseer touch clients (1 of 15 clients). It is running at 32k of memory and not dinging the CPU here.

Thinking version is older on this client and it is running Homeseer Touch client version 3.0.0.68ˆ.

Will run the Homeseer touch client on the same computer testing running Homeseer 3 in windows.

I do not have designer on this computer and will just copy over the client.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Ahhh...now see that you are running the Homeseer 3 touch client on this computer....which is separate from Homeseer 3.

Apologies.

OK so looked at the task manager of one of my Homeseer 3 Homeseer touch clients (1 of 15 clients). It is running at 32k of memory and not dinging the CPU here.

Thinking version is older on this client and it is running Homeseer Touch client version 3.0.0.68ˆ.
                  In mu case it is not related to hstouch, its purely the hs3.exe and not the plugins. Also checked scripts running when it happens but no sceipts are running . So it has sonething to do with the core hs3 app higher then v .500 and upp

Regards Bart
                  HSPRO 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                    Hi,

I have an issue sionce v.500 and versions up (now on .528) with the CPU uisage of the HS3.exe. its not slowly creeping up, but after somedays i find my system using 100% CPU and slowing down. It is not one of the plugings, but its purely the HS3 exe. Any idea, see attached CPU graph, where it happenned 2 times in several dayts? Never had this issue before.

regards

Bart
                    I hope hst will do something for this. And the memory leaks from hs3 process. Having to restart the server every 5 days is not a secure option.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

I hope hst will do something for this. And the memory leaks from hs3 process. Having to restart the server every 5 days is not a secure option.
                      On which version are you atm?

Regards Bart
                      HSPRO 3.

Comment

And the strange thing, for me it happens also after a day or 3-5 upon restart of hs3 cpu usage is fine first days. And as you can see in the grapha, it just spikes to max and doesnt not increase slowly over time.

Bart

Regards Bart
                        HSPRO 3.

Comment

Yes Homeseer 3 on Windows 7 should run continously with no increase in CPU utilization. I have a test Homeseer 3 (V531) running in Windows 7 32bit doing well here and not leaking memory. It should not be eating memory especially using an Intel NUCi7 with no scripts or plugins running.

For a bit disable the "my homeseer" stuf and watch it while concurrently and testing disabling one plugin at a time. You mention you did not see this peak until you went to V.528 of Homeseer.

Do you have any microsoft scans going (AV). Have you opted out of scanning the Homeseer directory?
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Yes Homeseer 3 on Windows 7 should run continously with no increase in CPU utilization. I have a test Homeseer 3 (V531) running in Windows 7 32bit doing well here and not leaking memory. It should not be eating memory especially using an Intel NUCi7 with no scripts or plugins running.

For a bit disable the "my homeseer" stuf and watch it while concurrently and testing disabling one plugin at a time. You mention you did not see this peak until you went to V.528 of Homeseer.

Do you have any microsoft scans going (AV). Have you opted out of scanning the Homeseer directory?
                            Hi,

I have win10 x64 on an nuc i7, not really memory issues, only cpu goes to 100% using windows defender but all hs3 folders are excluded.

Bart

Regards Bart
                            HSPRO 3.

Comment

I did see an issue with the test W7 32 bit box where a scan was still running and I could not stop it while running HS3. Try disabling it for a bit and see what happens to HS3.

Back in the HS2 days and running on W2003 server I had to shut off any malware av stuff to get HS to run right. That said though I never used the computer for anything but Homeseer (never used browser et al). Windows 10 functions as a terminal to the Windows cloud and there are many connections from the computer to MS in the cloud.

You might want to install and use Windows 7 embedded instead of regular Windows 7 or go to using Windows 2016 Standard server.

There are also thin versions ISO's of Windows 7 out there. These are almost 7 embedded without any of the Windows 7 desktop fluff.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X