Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping event callbacks due to full queue

I am receiving message "Dropping event callbacks due to full queue"

What does "System may be too busy" mean? Is just that CPU is maxed out?

Is there any way to see status of queue? Just wondering if I need to optimize somehow my events and number of devices. One would think that i7-4600U @2.10Ghz could handle more than HS3 ...
    Apr-25 6:23:21 PM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: VALUE_SET Device Ref: 1808) (2000 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    Apr-25 6:23:21 PM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: VALUE_SET Device Ref: 2015) (2000 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    Apr-25 6:23:21 PM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: VALUE_SET Device Ref: 2006) (2000 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    I just posted a few but it can be 30 in one session.

Current Date/Time: 4/25/2019 6:48:41 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.531
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 8 Days 9 Hours 20 Minutes 19 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 1959
    Number of Events: 1150
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: lenovo
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.59.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.33: Chromecast
    3.0.0.64: EasyTrigger
    3.1.0.16: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.0.0.31: Nest
    0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P
    3.0.1.261: Z-Wave

It means that one or more plugins are not keeping up with event callbacks. HS3 keeps an in memory queue, but it is not unlimited, and this warning says that the queue limit has been reached and the callback will not occur. There are various reasons for this to occur, but in my experience usually a set of devices being changed rapidly (many times a second, or even once a second) can cause it. The clue is in the device refs in the messages. What are those devices and how are they updated?

Comment

I have plenty of status devices for lights and motion in this house. There are about 34 rooms/sections monitored with two or more motion sensors. I guess when people are moving around status devices, lights and motion wills start changing at the same time causing spikes? There is not whole lot of activity and I am still getting pretty wild CPU readings. :-(

Is there any way to see how full the queue is?

Would faster CPU help or is it really bottle neck somewhere else?

Comment

Is it quite often ? Check to see what this guy is doing : Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I just disabled Windows Defender.. Did not make any difference.

Comment

Could also be event loops. Check your log to see what's registering and follow that.
            The best way use that many motion sensors is with mqtt.

Edit : Looking at the log you posted above and you mention many motion sensors you may need to try and use "Group Conditions" and "Group Actions" at least per room or else let mcsMQTT take charge.

Also what interface are you using for this guy here :3.0.1.261: Z-Wave ?

Eman.

Comment

mqtt ?? You got me lost there.. LOL

Here is example of my CPU usage and not much is happening. Maybe couple four people moving in the house. It is really just HS3 and TeamViewer running.. Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU USe.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1301256

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
                mqtt ?? You got me lost there.. LOL

Here is example of my CPU usage and not much is happening. Maybe couple four people moving in the house. It is really just HS3 and TeamViewer running.. Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU USe.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1301256
                Check the Z-wave plugin values

Eman.

Comment

Hi Eman, can please elaborate on checking Z-wave plugin values. I just started to dig a little bit into details so these things are really new to me and I am not exactly sure what you mean.

Thank you. Charles

Comment

Hi Eman, can please elaborate on checking Z-wave plugin values. I just started to dig a little bit into details so these things are really new to me and I am not exactly sure what you mean.

Thank you. Charles
                    Look in the task manager and watch the Z-wave plugin process or any other which is pulling resources. There has been issues when after upgrading HomeSeer to version 3.0.0.531 mostly with people using Z-wave Smartstick. So yours may not be too far off.

I asked in my post #6 : Also what interface are you using for this guy here :3.0.1.261: Z-Wave ?

Eman.

Comment

If you want to see the device changes that are creating plugin callbacks, try downloading and running tenHsEvents.
                      tenholde

Comment

Charles_cz you may want to remove your ip address from your first post. The callback queue size used to be fixed at 500 and recent updates increased that to 2000. Haven't heard of anyone hitting that since and have not seen it myself. Your system specs and number of devices and events are similar to my system, but I run quite a few more plugins. Take a look at this thread for some ideas on troubleshooting the issue: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...w-error-on-460. The change in version 460 was to log a full callback queue, prior to that it would happen, but not get logged. Version 495 increased the queue to 2000.
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks sparkman, I took the address down. Since you have similar system specs, in your opinion is that plenty of computing power for what we have? If it is plugin related in my case it is easy identify the plugin causing it. EasyTrigger is the only plugin that get's utilized a lot! IT's awesome plugin and I am wondering if I am am overloading it.

I'm getting these several times an hour. They are all VALUE_SET Device Ref: type every time..

Comment

Thanks sparkman, I took the address down. Since you have similar system specs, in your opinion is that plenty of computing power for what we have? If it is plugin related in my case it is easy identify the plugin causing it. EasyTrigger is the only plugin that get's utilized a lot! IT's awesome plugin and I am wondering if I am am overloading it.

I'm getting these several times an hour. They are all VALUE_SET Device Ref: type every time..
                            Yes, the specs should be more than sufficient. Out of your list of plugins, these are the three that I don't use:

2.0.59.0: BLBackup
                            3.1.0.16: MeiHarmonyHub
                            3.0.0.31: Nest

Do you have other processes running that are setting a lot of device values very fast? Maybe Z-wave devices that report too much or excessive polling of the z-wave devices? I'd turn off one plugin at a time and leave it off for an hour or two and see if there's one that is the culprit.
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have plenty of status devices for lights and motion in this house. There are about 34 rooms/sections monitored with two or more motion sensors. I guess when people are moving around status devices, lights and motion wills start changing at the same time causing spikes? There is not whole lot of activity and I am still getting pretty wild CPU readings. :-(

Is there any way to see how full the queue is?

Would faster CPU help or is it really bottle neck somewhere else?

How are the motion sensor inputs being sent (ie physical contact (evil w/o buffering), z-wave, other?)

I don't see where you answered what Devices 1808, 2015, 2006 actually are?

Many of the motion sensors (assuming that's what these are) have a way to set a delay so they don't chatter/bounce.

Z

Comment

Working...
                              X