.351 parent child relationship warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.351 parent child relationship warnings

So I updated to .351 and while I read the release notes stating there are warnings for broken relationships, what does this actually mean to me? I see this for the Ambient weather plugin, Yeelight and Greg's (Wadenut) Environment Canada script.

As an example:
    Apr-27 8:28:58 AM Warning Device (999) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Barometric Pressure (Abs) does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent
    Apr-27 8:28:58 AM Warning Issue checking child device (999) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Barometric Pressure (Abs)
    Apr-27 8:28:58 AM Warning Device (1028) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Temperature Outdoor is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
    Apr-27 8:28:58 AM Warning Issue checking parent device (998) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather LangenetWeather
    Apr-27 8:28:58 AM Warning Device (1018) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Wind Speed is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
    Robert

EDIT: A subsequent re-read of the release notes lead me to use the Labs folder and select the "Fix Relationships" button. While this fixed a good number of devices, I still have 6 warnings 4 for Ambient Weather and 2 for the Environment Canada script.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

You should point out these errors to the plugin author. Either the devices the plugin created did not properly create the relationships, or they have become corrupted.
    tenholde

Comment

did you try going to Setup --> Labs --> Fix Relationships?

I had some of these errors that were fixed with this process.

EDIT: Saw your edit so it didn't work after all.

Looks like I have the same errors for Ambient Plugin:
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Device (4340) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Luminance does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Issue checking child device (4340) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Luminance
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Device (4340) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Luminance is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Issue checking parent device (2989) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Ambient Weather Station
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Device (2989) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Ambient Weather Station references a child device with a device ref of 3004 but the device does not exist
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Issue checking parent device (2989) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Ambient Weather Station
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Device (2989) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Ambient Weather Station references a child device with a device ref of 3002 but the device does not exist
      Apr-27 12:13:52 PM Warning Device (2989) AmbientWeather AmbientWeather Ambient Weather Station references a child device with a device ref of 2993 but the device does not exist

Comment

It's just an additional check which was added to HS3 in more recent versions. It's only a warning that the devices Parent/Child relationships aren't completely configured and really nothing to worry about other than it's a bit of a minor annoyance. Essentially, it means the affected devices are grouped together for display purposes, but don't have a reference to a single parent device.
        As for EnvCan, the fix is in and I'll get it out to you very soon. I've been busy converting my own system to HS3 and just haven't gotten around to posting an update yet. I'm doing that now.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Plugin authors are aware of this. It was a change in HS3 in support of HS Mobile. From an HS3 perspective this is not an issue. From the HS Mobile perspective it means some devices may not show "correctly" in HS Mobile. I know I'm updating plugins but it takes time and I have plugins in mid development that I can't just stop and go re-work the older plugins just yet.

Comment

Does Jon00 Device Grouping tool help resolve these Parent/Child relationship issues? It says it's purely visual/cosmetic, but I'm hoping it sets he same field values and can be used to fix these.
            My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
              Does Jon00 Device Grouping tool help resolve these Parent/Child relationship issues? It says it's purely visual/cosmetic, but I'm hoping it sets he same field values and can be used to fix these.
              Yes, it sets them correctly, so it can be used to fix them.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
              X