Request from UI to shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request from UI to shutdown

So yesterday I tried to connect to my home and it wouldn't.
    When I got home I logged into my HS pc and found HS not running. When I restarted it, it started installing an update.
    So I'm wondering if HS shuts itself down when an update is available? I doubt it and hope I'm right but checking the log, all I see is me disconnecting at 11:35am, then at 1:05 I got "Request from UI to shutdown".
    What does that mean? The pc didn't reboot so there shouldn't be any reason HS "requested" a shutdown.
    Anyone know what else I can do to figure this out? Nothing in Event Viewer that pertains to this either.

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
    So yesterday I tried to connect to my home and it wouldn't.
    When I got home I logged into my HS pc and found HS not running. When I restarted it, it started installing an update.
    So I'm wondering if HS shuts itself down when an update is available? I doubt it and hope I'm right but checking the log, all I see is me disconnecting at 11:35am, then at 1:05 I got "Request from UI to shutdown".
    What does that mean? The pc didn't reboot so there shouldn't be any reason HS "requested" a shutdown.
    Anyone know what else I can do to figure this out? Nothing in Event Viewer that pertains to this either.
    UI would infer it was done manually via the User Interface. Not sure if HSsentry is considered a UI ?
    Do you have any Shutdown events (ie contain hs.shutdown() ) ?
    In your setup do you have "Check for HS3 Updates on Startup" ?
    What about HSSentry? Is it checked off?
    Does the Event Viewer show anything other than HS3 shutting down at that time?

Z

Comment

This Request for UI shutdown isn't coming from HS3. There was a bug reported a while back on this and it turned out to be another software package running on Windows doing updates. Do you have windows updates enabled? What other software are you running on your HomeSeer server?
      You can check/uncheck the "check for updates" for HS3 via Tools > Setup > General Tab > Other Settings.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Found some other posts about this and I may have found the answer. The task scheduler was set to stop task after 72 hours so I turned that off and will see how it goes.
        Not sure how that would call for a shutdown, I always thought that just stopped the scheduled task but I'll see.

Comment

Working...
        X