Dumb Newbie Question re HS Speaker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Newbie Question re HS Speaker...

I just got up and running with HS3, including HS Speaker. I can generate speech as expected, however, the system repeats the word "test" every few seconds on it's own. I'm obviously missing a setting somewhere, but I can't find it! Please clue me in...

Thanks,

Jerry

Edit: OK I found it. It imported one of my HS2 events that tested the speaking, and assumed that it should be active and repeating. Now if I only knew how to delete this post...

See this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-please-delete
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Uncle ... but I checked out that post, and the picture there for a dropdown doesn't match what's on my screen - the rightmost item on that toolbar (the one with "Post Reply" on the left) is the Filter dropdown... Maybe you can't do that after someone has replied?

Comment

Here's a thread I started some time ago. It is still showing up.
        Surprisingly, it's showing up - for me - on this thread too. I wonder why you aren't seeing it. (I haven't seen it on a thread I didn't start before, and don't think I should. Being able to delete someone else's thread doesn't seem like a good idea.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	delete.PNG Views:	0 Size:	500.5 KB ID:	1310127
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Here's what the top of this thread looks like to me. ??

Click image for larger version  Name:	delete2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	230.1 KB ID:	1310131

Comment

Very likely that's because you are an "OverSeer" with 6459 posts, and I'm a Seer Deluxe with 'merely' 214 posts. I guess I've got something to look forward to in my dotage...

Comment

PS - So feel free to delete this thread for me!

Comment

I misinterpreted the entry in the list. I can delete my posts, but not anyone else's.

You may be right that there is some threshold of activity before you can delete your posts. I've haven't paid much attention to that feature.

Comment

If so, apparently the threshold is somewhere below 1020.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                    If so, apparently the threshold is somewhere below 1020.
                    And to put a finer point on it...somewhere below 713.
                    -Wade

Comment

I posted a question about the policy on the 'Forum-Related Issues' Forum.
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-post-deletion

Comment

Working...
                      X