Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on what I need to process caller ID info in HS3 - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on what I need to process caller ID info in HS3 - Solved!

I'm in the process of converting from HS2 to HS3. I have a script that used to announce the caller ID information; it was working in conjunction with an ancient Homeseer Phone hardware interface.

In attempting to port all this over, I purchased a Win 10 compatible modem, specifically a Conexant USB CX94010 ACF Modem, which Windows assigned to COM 5. Windows says everything is working correctly and I have confirmed that it will communicate with the modem.

However, I can't figure out if/how to get HS3 to communicate with the modem. in the HS3 interface under Tools/Setup/Phone, under "Line Specific Settings" I have only one option: a "Way2Call Hi-Phone Desktop on line: Default Line". This might be the ancient device mentioned above, as I have it connected to the Conexant modem, but I can't tell, as nothing else seems to work (i.e. no caller ID, etc.).

In the startup log, I find the following:
    Jun-13 8:14:43 PM HSPhone Finished Resetting line: Default Line
    Jun-13 8:14:41 PM HSPhone Muting rings disabled
    Jun-13 8:14:41 PM HSPhone Enter WaitForCall, modem: HIPHONE
    Jun-13 8:14:41 PM HSPhone Enter OpenLine, line: Default Line
    Jun-13 8:14:41 PM HSPhone Calling hangup for line: Default Line
    Jun-13 8:14:37 PM HSPhone Error initializing Hi-Phone driver, possible corrupt or missing drivers, or Hi-Phone is not plugged in or powered on.
    Jun-13 8:14:37 PM Error Initializing Hi-Phone (Set Tones): Unable to load DLL 'w2cUsb.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    Jun-13 8:14:37 PM HSPhone Resetting line: Default Line
    Jun-13 8:14:37 PM Phone Line 1 Initializing Hi-Phone device...
    Jun-13 8:14:37 PM HSPhone HomeSeer Phone Web Interface initializing.
    Jun-13 8:14:37 PM HSPhone Adding phone line 1, Name: Default Line, Modem: Way2Call Hi-Phone Desktop
    Jun-13 8:14:37 PM HSPhone HomeSeer Phone Web Interface initializing.

So my questions are:

1. Do I need some sort of Homeseer compatible gear other than the Conexant modem to be able to capture and process Caller ID info?

2. If the Conexant modem is sufficient, do I just connect it to my phone line and my computer? Where in the HS3 interface do I tell it to look on COM 5 to recognize the modem?

3. If I need additional gear, is my ancient phone interface box from Homeseer sufficient? If not, what do I need?

Thanks for any advice,

Jerry

Unfortunately, your Conexant modem won't work with HS Phone.
    The Way2Call is an external box connected to the PC via USB.
    While it may be 'ancient' you can still obtain them, usually on eBay and for a very good price. Here's one currently available:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Way2c...kAAOSwwXVbofvt

You should know too that HST plans to drop all support for HS Phone and the Way2Call in HS4 leaving us with no option going forward unless someone develops a plugin for HS4. Personally, I'll be sticking with HS3 unless this happens or HST changes their mind.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks for the info/advice, very helpful. I guess I'll wait or drop this "feature", unless someone develops a plug in that can receive CID info.

Jerry

Comment

I depend on caller ID announcement so I need to have that available in HS4. I don't care if it uses HSPhone or some other interface and I don't care if it is built-in or provided via a plugin but Caller ID has to be available somehow in order for me to move to HS4.

Comment

There's also the UltraCID plugin that may work with more devices.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks sparkman! That was exactly what I needed, works great, and significantly simplified everything (and no new hardware needed)!

Comment

Working...
            X