Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lose all motion sensors upon restart/reboot

Hoping someone can help me out,

If I reboot or restart my homeseer system everything loads up alright except all my motion sensors stop working until I re-scan my existing devices through the Z Wave interface. There are various motion sensors of different brands, both battery and mains powered, none of which pair up upon restart. Is this usual? I've had Homeseer for a number of years and I'm sure I didn't have this issue a while ago (not sure when it started though!!)

Never seen that happen on my system nor have I seem reports of it happening to others. What exact version of HS are you running and what version is your z-wave plugin?
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Sparkman,

The Homeseer Version is 3.0.0.534

Z Wave Plugin Version 3.0.1.253

I'm sure it has been like it for quite a while and I have just never addressed it. I've since purchased new motion sensors which add correctly and work correctly as the other do, until Homeseer requires a reboot and then I have to re-scan to find them again.

Hopefully if nobody else has the same problem it might be an easy fix (famous last words)

Comment

About 3 years ago, I had a similar situation where I lost all devices on a reboot. I restored from my backup and have not had a problem since. I wonder if you backup, then restore and do a full optimization as I did if you will have similar luck?

Regards

Comment

Cheers AllHailJ, I think the main problem is this happens everytime I reboot homeseer, all the events and the devices load correctly, apart from all motion sensors so I don't think a backup is going to solve my problem as I haven't lost all the devices, its the same ones eveytime, and they still show up, they just wont "work" until I do a re-scan

Comment

Pulling from the backup may fix a corruption in the currently running database. A corruption may be why you have to rescan.

Comment

My problem is due to me just letting the problem go on without addressing it as I don't have to reboot Homeseer too often, I'm not too sure of what configuration would be a good one anymore, I suppose I could go back to the oldest backup and work forward from there, got a feeling I am going to have to re-do a lot of events if I have been backing up a corrupt hsd file. Thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
              X