This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Day Flash Poll - Which do you like better, 1 or 2

Please vote and then tell us why you chose what you chose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-blocks.png
Views:	218
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1311576
    I like block 1 (on left) better
    2.00%
    I like block 2 (on right) better
    96.00%
    I have no preference
    2.00%

The poll is expired.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Of course, it's all moot to me right now. I have an iPhone and I have a dynamic IP address at home. The iPhone app won't work with a dns name, only a static ip.

Comment

Block 2 just feels less busy and more intuitive. Block 1 feels like my eyes are working harder to find the information i am interested in. I can't really justify it but Block 2 just feels better on my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
        Block 2 just feels less busy and more intuitive. Block 1 feels like my eyes are working harder to find the information i am interested in. I can't really justify it but Block 2 just feels better on my eyes.
        +1
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

+1
          Lol... Al, you do see how posting "+1" might be confusing when the poll options are literally "1" and "2", right?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

#2 for me as well. I like to see things centered or grouped in the center. Block 1 seems like something is missing to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Lol... Al, you do see how posting "+1" might be confusing when the poll options are literally "1" and "2", right?
              Now that you mention it, yes. But typically +1 is meant to indicate "me too" or in this case "me 2"
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

#2 feels right to me. I accept that I'm a little OCD with positioning and UI feel but having it centered just seems correct to my eye and I'm not looking around for the information that I want.
                I want to believe that #1 uses less real estate but as both boxes are the same size that's just an illusion and that makes me prefer #2 all the more.

Comment

#2 Like the centering and larger light button.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

#2 preferred. Bigger button bigger title, and my eyes like the single column better. (Minimize left and right visual requirements.)

Comment

I prefer #2 above as well, but I think I would like #1 better if the name of the device was longer than one word ("Light"). If the name of the device was "Foyer Chandelier Upper RGBW Bulb #4", then I would probably like the left alignment of Box 1 better. For that reason I'm the (so far) lone vote for box #1. Most of my devices have descriptive names longer than 1 word.

--Barry

Comment

Block 2 for symmetry.

But could I suggest reducing the size of the device icon slightly?

Comment

same as above symmetry, when you look at a screen you don't look left you look dead center

Comment

Symmetry
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

+1 for 2...😊

I like things centered.
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X